GOOGLE MAP for a view of this home. The house is within walking distance to the beaches.
1711 Atlantic Boulevard is noted for its rectangular look in both the house, windows, and public rooms. There are no square windows or rooms. There is but one one arch in the kitchen.
The existing house embodies the a spaces, usage, materials, and style are of another era. And that is the conundrum - whether to spend money to renovate and bring this fairly good sized house into the 21st Century, or to do a retro restoration, or whether to tear down this house and build new.
The house sits on a large 8050 (70' X 111') square foot lot across from the City of Key West Nature Preserve. The great Atlantic Ocean is on the far side of the Nature Preserve. The views from the front porch (or perhaps a new second floor balcony or bedroom) will never be replaced by condos or any other development. Several of the neighboring properties have expanded into two story homes.
Since this location is outside the historic district, the city will be less intrusive as to what a new owner could do with the property. That suggest renovation costs should be less expensive if either a renovation or restoration project was chosen. New construction would allow the owner to create whatever he or she wants as long as it meets building code requirements. I could envision a new two story house on this prime lot. I think the second floor would have at least a partial ocean view.
I think 1711 Atlantic Boulevard offers three intriguing possibilities for a potential new owner. The good thing is a new owner could introduce wind impact resistant windows and doors in any of the three scenarios. If a new house was built the owner could do something very creative with the look of the house that might start a trend to redevelop properties with more flare. That is the kind thing that spurs prices upwards in my view. Creativity and novelty in design and construction often pay off in big dollar returns for the builder/developer.
CLICK HERE to view the Key Wst mls datasheet on this intriguing property that is listed by Preferred Properties Key West, that is where I work but this is not my listing. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule an appointment to see this property. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West. Let me help you find your place in Paradise.
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
"Spacious 3Br/3Bth en-suite condo w/private heated pool located Very Close to the Casa Marina area. Built in 2008. This condo offers a BR & Bath down and two BR's upstairs w/Jacuzzi tubs. The rear BR has a deck overlooking the pool. Laundry room has full sized washer & dryer. Kitchen has granite counter tops. Rear yard has mature vegetation and plenty of space to relax and entertain. Close to several of the beaches, Rest Beach, Higgs and Smathers Beaches. Walk down to White Street Pier to watch the daily water sports enthusiasts or take a romantic evening stroll and watch the moon and stars reflect on the ocean. Mid Town location is excellent. There are only 2 condos, side by side with same amenities, off street parking, both are for sale."CLICK HERE to view the Key West Association of Realtors mls datasheet on this property. Remember, there is no homeowner association nor any home owner fees to be paid. Each owner is responsible for individual maintenance and insurance.
CLICK HERE. But better than looking at photos, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a private showing of this attractive property. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West. Let me help you find your place in Paradise.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
CLICK HERE to view more photos that I took of this property.
I think 811 White Street would make a really great second home for someone that wants to rent it as a vacation rental. It has off street parking, a convenient location within walking distance to Duval and near the gyms and yoga studios in the White Street area. But it is the four large bedrooms, the large and inviting living area, and that incredible sunny pool that will make this place popular. This place has room for people to actually live a little - to kick back and relax.
CLICK HERE to view the Key West mls datasheet for more information. Then please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a private showing. I am a buyers agent and a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties Key West.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- 1711 Atlantic Boulevard Key West, Florida - A Conu...
- Bank Owned - 1621 Rose Street Key West - Price Red...
- 811 White Street - Key West - New Construction in ...
- 1305 Petronia Street, Key West, Florida - The Mead...
- The Importance of Finding Ernie
- 832 Johnson Lane, Key West - Back on the Market
- 1025 Von Phister Street, Key West - Casa Marina Ar...
- 1006 Packer Street, Key West, Florida - New Listin...
- 326 William Street, Key West Florida - Old Town
- 713 Galveston Lane - Key West
- 415 Amelia Street - Key West - Just Listed
- 1410 Duncan Street - Key West, Florida
- ▼ April (12)
- ► 2013 (239)
- ► 2012 (238)
- ► 2011 (257)
- ► 2010 (242)
- ► 2009 (247)
- ► 2008 (230)
- ► 2007 (172)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.