Sunday, January 21, 2007
I hurt my left arm something fierce last year and haven't been able to do much with it since. There is a new gym at 1119 White Street (former home of The Bagelry where you could watch your waistline grow). It is simply called Island Gym.
So I'm it's newest member. It's as clean as a whistle, but then it's new. But I got a feeling it will always be that way. There is lots of Pride of Ownership going on there.
The rates are okay (for Key West). They have daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual rates. And they are offering 10% off for memberships in January. The only bad thing I can say about the place is that it is small and has lots and lots of equipment--most of which is Hammersmith. Top of the line.
And it is located in my neighborhood--Casa Marina. I included a pic of the Fausto's Food Palace on White Street for those who know its location. The gym is one block to the south. I took these pics around 7:00 AM today. Key West is so beautiful at that time of day. Many people are snug in their beds, but others are out jogging or walking their dog. While I was on the treadmill I watched probably 100 people stop their cars and go into the Cuban bakery across the street from the gym for coffee con leche.
By the by, I ran into a familiar face at my open house today: John Isaksen of Isaksen Insurance. He saw our ad in the Key West Citizen and stopped by to see me. I did not recognized him because he had lost 25 pounds. He, on the other hand, knew who I was because of the ad. And he commented on the fact that I had gained weight. Thanks for noticing, John.
Glad to hear you remind me of my accomplishment. I had about 50 visitors at the open house--two of which seemed genuinely interested. Not a bad day.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (146)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- What is my Key West home worth?
- The Big Bounce
- El Encanto
- U.S. Coast Guard - Key West Style
- We're having a Party and you're invited...
- There's no place like home
- From Bulging Waistlines to Bulging Muscles
- If I lived here, I could be home now...
- Things to do in Key West
- Is the Island Surrounded by Water?
- 616 Olivia Open House on Sunday
- Sweet William Transformation
- The Artist House Key West -- For Sale
- Why is now a great time to Buy in Key West?
- Cheeseburger in Paradise
- Real Estate Market Cycles--Key West
- New Year's Eve Key West 2007
- ▼ January (17)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.