Search This Blog

Sunday, January 21, 2007

From Bulging Waistlines to Bulging Muscles





Island Gym

I hurt my left arm something fierce last year and haven't been able to do much with it since. There is a new gym at 1119 White Street (former home of The Bagelry where you could watch your waistline grow). It is simply called Island Gym.

So I'm it's newest member. It's as clean as a whistle, but then it's new. But I got a feeling it will always be that way. There is lots of Pride of Ownership going on there.

The rates are okay (for Key West). They have daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual rates. And they are offering 10% off for memberships in January. The only bad thing I can say about the place is that it is small and has lots and lots of equipment--most of which is Hammersmith. Top of the line.

And it is located in my neighborhood--Casa Marina. I included a pic of the Fausto's Food Palace on White Street for those who know its location. The gym is one block to the south. I took these pics around 7:00 AM today. Key West is so beautiful at that time of day. Many people are snug in their beds, but others are out jogging or walking their dog. While I was on the treadmill I watched probably 100 people stop their cars and go into the Cuban bakery across the street from the gym for coffee con leche.

By the by, I ran into a familiar face at my open house today: John Isaksen of Isaksen Insurance. He saw our ad in the Key West Citizen and stopped by to see me. I did not recognized him because he had lost 25 pounds. He, on the other hand, knew who I was because of the ad. And he commented on the fact that I had gained weight. Thanks for noticing, John.
Glad to hear you remind me of my accomplishment. I had about 50 visitors at the open house--two of which seemed genuinely interested. Not a bad day.


No comments:

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell