Saturday, January 20, 2007
If I lived in Key West, I could be home now...
Ain't that the truth. The other day I wrote about the island running from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean. So I decided to post a photo to prove it. The Gulf is at the top and the Atlantic is at the bottom of the pic. My office is located just to the top of the large white building in the middle next to the right side of the pic. That building is the old Gato Cigar Factory and is now part of Monroe County government offices.
The third photo is of the beach at the Casa Marina Resort. Locals go to the hotel for a variety of reasons including the annual 4th of July picnic and the Fantasy Fest Pet Parade. Both events are must dos if you live in Key West.
Key West is packed to the rim with lots of vacationers and attendees to the boat races. Our office (Dunaway McKenzie Realtors) is holding Open Houses tomorrow, from Noon -- 2:30 at the following locations: 612 and 616 Olivia, 1318 Duncan Street, and the Sea Isle Town Homes at 901 Windsor Lane. See photo at top right. The developer just reduced the price to $1,900,000 on these newly constructed and elegantly appointed 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath two-story town homes, each with its own private pool. Come see for yourself. If you lived here, you could be home now!
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (119)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- What is my Key West home worth?
- The Big Bounce
- El Encanto
- U.S. Coast Guard - Key West Style
- We're having a Party and you're invited...
- There's no place like home
- From Bulging Waistlines to Bulging Muscles
- If I lived here, I could be home now...
- Things to do in Key West
- Is the Island Surrounded by Water?
- 616 Olivia Open House on Sunday
- Sweet William Transformation
- The Artist House Key West -- For Sale
- Why is now a great time to Buy in Key West?
- Cheeseburger in Paradise
- Real Estate Market Cycles--Key West
- New Year's Eve Key West 2007
- ▼ January (17)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.