Thursday, January 11, 2007
The Artist House
Located at 534 Eaton Street, The Artist House has what other innkeepers
wish they had: a magnificently appointed and truly historic property.
This seven unit property is located one-half block off famous Duval Street on Eaton Street--old Key West's millionaires row. Eaton Street is one of two main corridors that bring traffic in to the Old Town area. So this is a very high visibility location and because of its innate beauty, attracts many would-be lodgers who failed to make reservations in advance or who mistakenly booked a room at a huge motel on Roosevelt Boulevard.
(I used to own Eaton Lodge at 511 Eaton Street. I know the guest house business and I know the value of owning a beautiful and historic property on that particular block.)
The property was the home of Dr. Thomas Otto and was named for his artist son, hence the name "The Artist House".
The rooms are large and most feature original fireplaces, crown molding, high baseboards, and period finishes that transport the lodger back to a grander era.
The Artist House is priced at $2,599,000. It has six licensed guest rooms. This beautiful property could be yours and you could fulfill your dreams of being the next Bob Newhart--but you would just be living in Paradise instead of New England.
More info: Please call Gary Thomas 1-305-766-2642
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- What is my Key West home worth?
- The Big Bounce
- El Encanto
- U.S. Coast Guard - Key West Style
- We're having a Party and you're invited...
- There's no place like home
- From Bulging Waistlines to Bulging Muscles
- If I lived here, I could be home now...
- Things to do in Key West
- Is the Island Surrounded by Water?
- 616 Olivia Open House on Sunday
- Sweet William Transformation
- The Artist House Key West -- For Sale
- Why is now a great time to Buy in Key West?
- Cheeseburger in Paradise
- Real Estate Market Cycles--Key West
- New Year's Eve Key West 2007
- ▼ January (17)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.