Friday, January 26, 2007
1400 Whalton Street, Key West, Florida 33040
Your new address!
I have been eyeing the remodeling of this house for about 3 years. I live a block away and had the opportunity to watch the daily progress.
The original house was a one story arts and crafts home from the 1920s. The owner is a local appraiser and his wife, a realtor. They announced they were remodeling and adding a second floor. They hired Tom Pope--a noted Key West architect to design the project and Bird Construction to build it.
It is located on a corner in the Casa Marina area of Key West. It is a short 5 minute car ride to Old Town or the shopping centers on North Roosevelt or the airport on South Roosevelt. And you can walk to the beach in 5 minutes as well. It is not near any tourist destination. One of the streets does get quite a bit of daytime traffic, but like most Key West streets, it is very quiet at night.
The exterior colors are are sea foam green and white, and they blend nicely with the lush palms and the mini-estate that is located immediately south of the home. The pics of the home to the right do not do justice to the beauty of this home. There are 5 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, an interior and pool kitchen, a child's playroom or study (it is officially counted as a bedroom), and an inviting great room that overlooks the pool and park-like grounds to the south.
The second floor master suite has vaulted ceilings and finishes that transport you to a south seas isle. And there is a large walk-in closet with quality built-ins for superior storage. Every room is finished to the "T". Nothing has been overlooked. Nothing. It is, without a doubt, the most beautiful home I have seen in Key West.
Click the words El Encanto above to see more information on this stunning home.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (88)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- What is my Key West home worth?
- The Big Bounce
- El Encanto
- U.S. Coast Guard - Key West Style
- We're having a Party and you're invited...
- There's no place like home
- From Bulging Waistlines to Bulging Muscles
- If I lived here, I could be home now...
- Things to do in Key West
- Is the Island Surrounded by Water?
- 616 Olivia Open House on Sunday
- Sweet William Transformation
- The Artist House Key West -- For Sale
- Why is now a great time to Buy in Key West?
- Cheeseburger in Paradise
- Real Estate Market Cycles--Key West
- New Year's Eve Key West 2007
- ▼ January (17)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.