Friday, February 2, 2007
The Best Buy in Old Town!
912 Fleming is a really big house with a beautiful pool on a big lot on a great street with really expensive neighbors. And it is priced to sell.
Here's the skinny. The previous owner was a designer who renovated numerous properties in Key West for himself and clients for several years. He had purchased the house next door (at 916 Fleming)and was renovating it when he passed away early in 2006. His estate sold the project house for $1.5 million (the house was gutted and was basically a very expensive "shell"). That property is pictured to the right and shows how it looked in January 2006 and February 2007. It is almost finished.
The house at 912 Fleming is 3228 square feet on a 5650 square foot large--fairly large for Old Town. It has 4 licenses and the owner rented two apartments located at the front of the home and he lived in the rear--most of which was newly constructed by him during his renovation in 1997-98.
The home is perfectly liveable "as is", but a new homeowner may want to eliminate the rentals and expand the living space to the entire house. And here is why: the neighbors.
The house next door at 908 Fleming just sold for $3.6 million ($1,158 per square foot) and is undergoing a massive remodel. That house is huge and has a huge lot. And just next door to 908 another new house is being built. The house across the street at 911 Fleming is on the market for $4,675,000 or $1,509 per square foot. That house also is huge and has a huge lot. See the trend: big houses, big bucks being spent.
The estate of the former owner has reduced the price from the original asking price of $2.6 million to $1,990,000 or $616 per square foot. That's a no-brainer in my book. Perfectly liveable as is. Great block and ready to go.
Not my listing, but I can help you buy this bargain today. Call me 1-305-766-2642. Click the title above "The Best Buy in Old Town!" for more info and pics on 912 Fleming.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- Slice O' Paradise
- Key West Hometown PAC
- Shell Shocked--and Not by a Conch Shell
- Outdoor Showers in Paradise
- Two Tales of a City -- Part 2
- Two Tales of a City
- Here and There
- For Sale by Owner in Key West: Buyer Beware
- One of my biggest real estate mistakes in Key West...
- The Sun also Rises on Paradise Harbor
- Something New under the Sun
- Life in the Slow Lane
- Sunday Special
- The Best Buy in Old Town
- All About the Benjamins
- ▼ February (15)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.