Wednesday, February 21, 2007
One of the real joys of living in Key West is the outdoor shower. Key West had its annual cold snap a couple of days ago, and I had to forgo my daily outdoor shower and suffered greatly. I had to use the inside plumbing!
When I show properties I eagerly point out the outside shower,and often the client looks at me with suspicion. "What could be so exciting about an outdoor shower?" the client ponders. It is akin to swimming in the nude. Try it once and you will understand.
Showers in the early morning rain are very interesting. I often question whether to shower in the rain or not, but always opt for the outdoors reasoning that I am going to get wet anyway. All I need to do is adjust the faucet for warmer water. And it works.
Many new houses have very fancy outdoor showers. And the City of Key West now requires that they be connected to the sanitary drain. But most of us lawbreakers let the water continue to drain into the ground. I will occasionally spot an earthworm or gecko running for dear life as the water water hits the ground. Ah, communing with nature.
If you want to buy a home in Paradise and enjoy your morning shower outdoors,"> and search the Key West Board of Realtors Multiple Listing Service website. You can see all mls listings, not just the ones some realtor wants you to see. And then please call me at 1-305-766-2642. Thanks.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (109)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- Slice O' Paradise
- Key West Hometown PAC
- Shell Shocked--and Not by a Conch Shell
- Outdoor Showers in Paradise
- Two Tales of a City -- Part 2
- Two Tales of a City
- Here and There
- For Sale by Owner in Key West: Buyer Beware
- One of my biggest real estate mistakes in Key West...
- The Sun also Rises on Paradise Harbor
- Something New under the Sun
- Life in the Slow Lane
- Sunday Special
- The Best Buy in Old Town
- All About the Benjamins
- ▼ February (15)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.