Monday, February 19, 2007
I attended two Broker's Open Houses on Friday and saw two totally different kinds of properties that are priced just about identical. I thought it would be interesting to compare the two for prospective buyers.
Friday afternoon we were treated to sushi, veggies and fruits at the poolside cabana at the William Fleming House, a historic condominium at 800 Fleming Street. The 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit is on the second floor and occupies 1421 square feet of space plus and additional loft area (not counted in the square footage). This unit is constructed of Dade County Pine walls, floors and ceiling, so it has that "old Key West feel" that some many buyers want. But it has a new and very modern kitchen and equally elegant bathrooms that give this property a distinctive New York loft feel--at least to me.
The ceilings are very high and the doors and windows open to decks overlooking the pool below and the pristine homes on William Street. This unit is priced at $1.075,000 or $757 per square foot. The condo is located on one of the best blocks in Old Town and is a convenient walk to everything. The property is 3 blocks to Duval and 3 blocks to the historic seaport.
So many condominium's feel cramped and confined. But this one is the opposite: it has the feeling of lots of living space and different living areas with very sophisticated edge.
Tomorrow I will discuss the new Santa Maria Condominiums: hence the title "Two Tales of a City".
To see more detail on this listing, please click the title above "Two Tales of a City".
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (88)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- Slice O' Paradise
- Key West Hometown PAC
- Shell Shocked--and Not by a Conch Shell
- Outdoor Showers in Paradise
- Two Tales of a City -- Part 2
- Two Tales of a City
- Here and There
- For Sale by Owner in Key West: Buyer Beware
- One of my biggest real estate mistakes in Key West...
- The Sun also Rises on Paradise Harbor
- Something New under the Sun
- Life in the Slow Lane
- Sunday Special
- The Best Buy in Old Town
- All About the Benjamins
- ▼ February (15)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.