Wednesday, March 21, 2007
I wrote a blog in February comparing prices on some large homes in the Casa Marina Area . CLICK HERE My faith in my perception amazes even me sometimes.
Yesterday one of the houses I mentioned in that blog, the one previously owned by author Philip Caputo, was just listed for sale at the offering price of $5.75 million--CLICK HERE for more details. You will recall that the present owner purchased this home in July 2006 for the price of $3.4 miilion. The new price is $5.75 million. The house has been undergoing a major renovation of the buildings and grounds including cosmetic, structural and landscaping. The home has 5748 square feet of living space according to the official tax records. So the house is priced at $1,000.35 per square foot. The house occupies one-half of a large city block just a short distance from the Atlantic Ocean. I went by the property again this morning. It looks just beautiful. And for that price it should.
The listing broker made this comment about the house in the mls "This magnificent property brings Palm Beach to Key West." It does. This house is not a typical Key West "conch house". It is anything but. It is grand and magnificent. And I think the price is a steel.
But if you are looking for a home that is a tad bit more affordable, please CLICK HERE to use our mls search feature to see all current homes and condos for sale in the Key West area. And if you find something that really interests you, please give me a call for more information. 1-305-766-2642.
http://keywestmls.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Keywest&PRGNAME=MLSLogin&ARGUMENT=lsLqG4Wi%2BKujsSZqjebnLjk4WV0Et67cf8pCKO45aVI%3D&KeyRid=1 this is th elink to mls search
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (238)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- New & Affordable Casa Marina Estates
- Atlantic Shores to be No More this Summer
- Cents & Centsibility
- "Say Goodnight Gracie"
- Island Fever
- Dog Day Afternoon
- Windstorm Insurance Rate Reduction?
- Casa Marina Redux
- Harpoon Harry's--On the Waterfront
- Is the glass half full or half empty?
- Casa Marina Residences
- HARBOR HOUSE -- KEY WEST
- Apples and Oranges
- Gorilla My Dream
- Affordable Housing--in Key West. Are you kidding?...
- Buy KEY WEST Real Estate in Your IRA
- Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda!
- SAW 3 -- Revenge of the Nerds
- A Room with a View
- Psst! Wanna Buy a Condo?
- Deal or No Deal
- Handwriting on the Wall
- ▼ March (23)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.