Friday, April 20, 2007
A lot of people leave Key West with mixed emotions. They fall in love with the place and work real hard at having such a good time that they go home dazed and confused. I guess a lot of people spend a lot of time in the bars... It's like everything they did is kind of hazy. And they need to go home to rest before they go back to work.
There is life away from Duval, however. I have written about that before. I thought I would share a couple of links to where locals post comments about like on the rock.
One is an Ezboard site called Its Only Key West CLICK HERE. There are seven sub-boards to checkout. If you are in love with Key West you may want to look at
the IOW Scrapbook for some real fun old pics of Key West. You will be amazed.
Checkout the other sections as well. Read how locals refer to tourists and their driving abilities.
Another more infamous site is Pistol and Enema, a gay gossip, message, and picture board. (Caution: there are some nude pics there. Not porn.) Again it is geared towards locals, but lots of folk who are planning trips to Key West go there to help plan their vacation so they don't miss a thing.
If you are planning a trip to Key West and think you may want to take advantage of today's more affordable housing market, checkout the the Key West Association of Realtors mls website. You can search all residential, commercial, and lots/boatslips available from Key West to Marathon. CLICK HERE. Then please give me a call for more information. 1-305-766-2642. Thanks.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- Key West is NOT South Beach
- People Don't Listen
- Season is Over. How did the Market Do?
- Politics & Real--Estate Key West Style
- Dazed and Confused
- Is the Sky going to Fall?
- Property Taxes
- Key West Guest Houses -- For Sale
- Where do you park your Yacht?
- Open House Sunday -- 617 Fleming Street
- Trouble (Ya Got Trouble) Fractured
- Lost and Not Forgotten
- Thar "almost" Sold in them thar Solares Hill
- How to Sell your Home in Key West
- Less Is More
- 709 Bakers Lane is a Bargain
- Holy Flipper Batman
- The Boomer Century
- April Fool's Day Open House
- ▼ April (19)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.