Monday, April 16, 2007
One of the interesting things about Key West real estate is the continued development of boat slips in the Key West area. The Historic Seaport :"Conch Harbor" was re-vitalized a few years back and it looks great. It has great new facilities including pool, showers, restaurants, and businesses that meet the needs of boaters. Not too far away is the Galleon Marina that is located next to the famous A&B Restaurant. The yacht pictured to the right is located at the Westin Resort Marina. A mile or so east you will find the Garrison Bight Marina and not too far from that is City Marina and then the Key West Yacht Club.
When you cross over Cow Key Bridge and go on Stock Island there are a bunch of new marinas in existence or in the process of being built. On the Gulf of Mexico side you will find the Sunset Marina. Classy and it has deep water access. The Sunset Key Condominiums are right next door (some even come with their own deeded boat slips). And those condos are just across the street from the Key West Golf Club. You can park your yacht at your back door and drive your golf cart across the street to play 18 holes of golf.
The Atlantic Ocean side is where all of the new action is. Major development is going on there with expansion of existing marinas to the creation of new ones. One particular boat slip that may attract your attention is the 50' slip at Ocean Side Marina CLICK HERE. It is priced at $450,000.
CLICK HERE for an aerial map that shows the location of each marina mentioned above. Use your mouse and drag to get "up close" aerial images of each marina. This may help you if you are in the market for a boat slip in the Key West area.
There is a boat slip available in just about every length, and prices vary depending on location and amenities. CLICK HERE to checkout all current Boat slips in the Key West area.
CLICK HERE to checkout all current mls listings in the lower Florida Keys. Then give me a call for more information. Gary Thomas 1-305-766-2642.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- Key West is NOT South Beach
- People Don't Listen
- Season is Over. How did the Market Do?
- Politics & Real--Estate Key West Style
- Dazed and Confused
- Is the Sky going to Fall?
- Property Taxes
- Key West Guest Houses -- For Sale
- Where do you park your Yacht?
- Open House Sunday -- 617 Fleming Street
- Trouble (Ya Got Trouble) Fractured
- Lost and Not Forgotten
- Thar "almost" Sold in them thar Solares Hill
- How to Sell your Home in Key West
- Less Is More
- 709 Bakers Lane is a Bargain
- Holy Flipper Batman
- The Boomer Century
- April Fool's Day Open House
- ▼ April (19)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.