Tuesday, May 1, 2007
A couple of months back I wrote a blog on Life on the Slow Lane describing why homes on the quaint lanes of Old Town are so inviting. GO HERE to read that blog if interested.
The house at 816 Carsten Lane is a real Cutie Pie. Carsten Lane is a one block lane
running perpendicular to William Street and Elizabeth Street and just south of Southard Street. It is within walking distance of everything Old Town has to offer, yet you almost need a map to find it. The five homes on Carsten Lane abut Carey Lane to the rear. And I think Carey Lane is one of the prime addresses in town. The MARC House is located across Carsten Lane and is going to become a major renovation project in the next couple of years.
CLICK HERE to see the mls data sheet and more photos of this cutie pie cottage. The cottage is almost 1100 square feet and has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a new kitchen, and it just oozes charm. The ceiling in the main living area is vaulted and exposed wood. It is very dramatic. There is room for a pool.
This is not my listing, but I would be pleased to show it to anyone looking for a great little home in Old Town. The bathrooms are about 20 years old or so, but look fine and work well. So a new owner could move in and either do a few upgrades or do nothing at all. The seller has just reduced the price to way below the appraised value. It is now priced at $#779,995 or $727 per square foot.
CLICK HERE to search for your next home or business in Key West or the lower Florida Keys. The please call me at 1-305-766-2642 for further information or to set up a showing.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (153)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- Spring Clearance Sale! 1318 Duncan Street
- Shipyard Condos @ Truman Annex
- 730 Passover Lane - Open House Sunday
- Investment Property on Eaton Street
- Pre-Sale Home Inspection--Key West
- Something is Happening Here, What it is Ain't Exac...
- Another One Bites the Dust
- An Uplifting Experience
- Do I have to Eat My Words?
- Recently "Solds" in Old Town
- Up, Up and Away
- Herd on the Beach
- Buy This Old House
- Cutie Pie
- ▼ May (14)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.