Tuesday, November 6, 2007
I first saw 1101 Fleming Street way back in 1987 right after the ownerthen had remodeled the cute little conch cottage located the near of Fleming Street. Way back then that location seemed like it was almost near Kansas that it was so far from Duval Street. Things change.
The cute little conch cottage has changed hands a couple of times since 1987 and the present owner is an estate in New York that has placed the property on the market. The house was originally priced at $850,000 in March of 2007. The price has now been reduced to $675,000 or $888 per square foot for the 760 sq ft cottage situated on a 1813 sq ft lot located at the corners of Frances and Fleming Streets. The cottage has not been improved upon since I saw it 20 years ago. So why is it being mentioned in this? blog you ask.
Well the cottage is what people dream about when they dream about owning a second home in Key West. It is small enough to feel cozy and can be, but large enough to have a few friends over for cocktails and dinner or a weekend stay. It has a pool and deck right off the living area and a charming yard that would be a joy to maintain. And the house is not in the hinterlands as I once thought. Instead, it is a short few blocks walk to Duval or the Historic Key West Seaport. The neighboring homes are all priced higher and most homes are larger and more impressive. See the photo of the house across the street. Neighbors like that drive the property values up for everyone.
So if you are in the market for a second home in Key West this cute little conch cottage CLICK HERE may be one that you should look at. I think the house is priced too high for today's market and believe an adjustment downward is warranted. The house is going to need a little fixing up in my opinion. And perhaps that fact can be used to your advantage in negotiation a fair price on the house. But once the new paint is applied and the new appliances and tile are installed, the cute little conch cottage will be all primed for another 20 years in a great location--almost near Kansas.
To see this property or any other home in Key West please call Gary Thomas at 305-766-2642.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (128)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- Don't Ask. Don't Tell. Doesn't Apply in Key West...
- What you can buy for $500,000 or less
- 313 William Street -- Old Town Mansion
- Key West Investment Property
- Keys in the News--Again
- Cujo OREO
- Cheap Seats
- Key West Waterfront Single Family Home
- 1110 Curry Lane
- Sweet William Cottage
- Harbour Place
- 510 Fleming Street -- Commercial Deal
- 730 Passover Lane Key West, Florida
- Pessimism Be Damned!
- Kill all the lawyers
- Membership has its rewards
- 1101 Fleming Street
- Great Old Town Location
- Key West Home Sales in October
- ▼ November (21)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.