Monday, December 17, 2007
Just Listed: 1418 Leon Street, Key West, Fl. Offered at only $3.6 million or $1,161 per sq ft.
If you aren't familiar with Key West, and maybe even if you are, you may not know where Leon Street is located. So CLICK HERE. The house is located one block east of White and one block north of Flagler. So it is near the Casa Marina area, but not quite there. The area homes are predominantly mid century and have been renovated into larger and more usable living spaces for today's lifestyles. The streets are broad and tree lined, and most of the yards are fenced and gated in the front, sides, and rear for privacy.
The house boasts outstanding architecture and has spectacular garden views from the widows walk of this elegant four bedroom home. Marble floored entry, 30' living room, 10' ceilings, and connecting dining/living porch that overlooks tropical gardens, flagstone terraces, pool and waterfall. State of the art kitchen including wine cooler and walk in pantry. There is a charming dormered room that may be suitable for another bedroom/bath, office or gym. The master suite has 12' vaulted ceilings, walk in closet and glorious master bath. Car parking for two. The house is very large by Key West standards (3100 sq ft) and sits on a 6335 sq ft lot. CLICK HERE for more info and additional photos.
This is not my listing, but I was in the house in mid October. The owner is a local architect who has done several notable projects in Key West. One of the workmen told me that the owner is a stickler for perfection. He actually put in another way, but I'll not repeat what he said.
If this particular home is outside of your present residential requirements but you are looking for a place to live in Paradise, CLICK HERE to search the Key West mls database. Then give me a call so I can help you find your new pad. 1-305-766-2642 or email me at email@example.com.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- 627 Elizabeth Street in Old Town Key West
- Half Price Sale on a Single Family House in Old To...
- Is it a good time to Buy or Sell in Key West?
- Make Your Friends and Neighbors Green with Envy
- Terrific Island Location, but you can't Escape
- Listing Whores--You Know Who They are
- Florida Keys Dream House
- 1418 Leon Street
- Won't You be My Neighbor?
- This Old House
- Pre-Sale Marketing Tools You should Use
- Short Sales and Other Devices to Sell Distressed H...
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
- News You can Use
- Key West Cottage--Only $10,500
- 1800 Atlantic Condo -- Let's Make a Deal
- Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- 728 Love Lane
- November Sales Report
- ▼ December (19)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.