Saturday, December 29, 2007
627 Elizabeth Street might be the vacation home you have been waiting to find.
Classic Old Town Conch house in prime neighborhood that is more than 85% completed. Completely renovated with second floor addition for more living space. Fantastic opportunity to pick out the final touches or wait for completion in approximately 60 days.
The main living area and kitchen are located at the rear of the property and overlook the new pool. There are two bedrooms on the first floor and the master bed and bath are on the second floor and have a view of the pool. The ceilings in the entry hall and main living area are vaulted.
The house sits at just about the highest point on Solares Hill so you will not need to pay for flood insurance (or worry about flooding). The neighborhood has a mix of homes most of which have been renovated over the past several years. There house at 620 Elizabeth sold for $2,999,999 in 2005. A similar house next door at 625 Elizabeth sold in 2005 for $1,295,000. The house at 600 Elizabeth sold in March 2005 for $2,680,000. Several other high dollar sales were made in the immediate area over the past three years.
I think this property is well suited for a second home buyer who wants a house with everything "new" and nothing to be done. It works well for a buyer who wants to move in "tomorrow" so he can enjoy his life. The house is divided so that guests or children sleep in the bedrooms at the front of the house while the owner sleeps in the master bedroom area located at the second floor rear. Imagine being able to actually move in to a new house in Old Town with a pool and off street parking sometime in the next couple of months. Oh and did I mention everything is new. So you won't have to go out and hire a plumber or carpenter or electrician to fix things. The work has already been done.
So many first time buyers see old houses that are a little run down and think they can buy the house and re-do it and save a bunch of money. The time frame to do that is well over a year from start to finish. You can't enjoy your home for that time period. But you will be able to have fights with your contractor and subcontractors over a variety of issues. Saving money is illusionary. Let somebody else do the work for you and enjoy your vacation home in Paradise immediately.
If this house or any other Key West home CLICK HERE to perform your own search of the Key West mls database and then call me, Gary Thomas, at 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (129)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- 627 Elizabeth Street in Old Town Key West
- Half Price Sale on a Single Family House in Old To...
- Is it a good time to Buy or Sell in Key West?
- Make Your Friends and Neighbors Green with Envy
- Terrific Island Location, but you can't Escape
- Listing Whores--You Know Who They are
- Florida Keys Dream House
- 1418 Leon Street
- Won't You be My Neighbor?
- This Old House
- Pre-Sale Marketing Tools You should Use
- Short Sales and Other Devices to Sell Distressed H...
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
- News You can Use
- Key West Cottage--Only $10,500
- 1800 Atlantic Condo -- Let's Make a Deal
- Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- 728 Love Lane
- November Sales Report
- ▼ December (19)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.