Wednesday, December 19, 2007
You know how you don't listen to commercials until something strikes your interest, and then you scramble to remember what you heard. That happened yesterday as I was watching HGTV. There was a brief announcement about New Year's Day and the Florida Keys Dream House. To the computer I flew. Sure enough, HGTC built a dream house down here and I didn't even know about it. Of course, they built it in the wrong place.
Islamorda, Florida is located about 80 miles north of Key West (Paradise)on U.S.1. Former President Bush and lots of rich folk go there to fish. Big fishing place. Not much else to do, however. Lots of very expensive homes located directly on the water, however. And lots of houses with their pools and outdoor dining areas covered with screens to prevent being eaten alive by mosquitoes. That's a problem in lots of parts of Florida, but not Key West. We have an army and an air force (no exaggeration) that keeps the little creeps at bay.
CLICK HERE to see more pics of the really nice dream house that HGTV built. Watch the show. Enter to win. Be careful, you may win and get to pay taxes on it. And be stuck owning a very expensive home in the wrong location.
There is nothing to do anywhere between Key West and South Beach. Nothing. Everybody comes here to live. People may sleep and eat up the Keys, but they come down here to live. So don't make a $2 million mistake or even a $300,000 mistake. Key West is where you want to live your life. You know it.
Every week I create a flyer of homes priced under $899,000 that I place outside our office. There are a lot of very creative people in Key West and I will be you that you could buy a nice house in a good Old Town location priced under $899,000 and create your own Dream House that would out-do the one located up Islamorda way. Location is one of the most important things to consider when buying real estate. HGTV got it wrong. You could get it right. By the way, the photo to the right is of the HGTV Dream House. The other photo is in Key West. Just so you don't think that scene is up there. It isn't.
CLICK HERE for the list of "affordable" single family homes in Key West priced under $899,000. Then give me a call to schedule your own personal showing 1-305-766-2642. Your house may not end up being as pricey or as prissy as the HGTV Dream House, but it can be your Dream Come True.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2014 (200)
- ► 2013 (238)
- ► 2012 (238)
- ► 2011 (256)
- ► 2010 (238)
- ► 2009 (247)
- ► 2008 (230)
- 627 Elizabeth Street in Old Town Key West
- Half Price Sale on a Single Family House in Old To...
- Is it a good time to Buy or Sell in Key West?
- Make Your Friends and Neighbors Green with Envy
- Terrific Island Location, but you can't Escape
- Listing Whores--You Know Who They are
- Florida Keys Dream House
- 1418 Leon Street
- Won't You be My Neighbor?
- This Old House
- Pre-Sale Marketing Tools You should Use
- Short Sales and Other Devices to Sell Distressed H...
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
- News You can Use
- Key West Cottage--Only $10,500
- 1800 Atlantic Condo -- Let's Make a Deal
- Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- 728 Love Lane
- November Sales Report
- ▼ December (19)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.