Friday, December 28, 2007
The little house at 1119 Olivia Street in Old Town Key West has just been reduced to $635,000 from its original price of $1,275,000 in March 2007. Half Price! Too bad it wasn't worth the original asking price, however. The property is owned and listed by a Realtor--not me. Thank God. But he must disclose that to the public. Please don't take these comments on my part as being negative. But you need to know the facts when you invest your money in property. Especially now!
This is an excellent opportunity to own your own Conch home located in Old Town. The home at 1119 Olivia Street was completely renovated in 2005. The property is Located in the X flood zone and sustained no damage in any of the hurricanes. A true high and dry property. Some of the features include: 2 licensed residential units, 2 off-street bricked parking spots, separate electric meters, granite counters in kitchens, and central A/C, and room for a pool. The property consists of a 1 bed/1 bath apt above rented at $1,200, and a 2 bed/1 bath below rented at $1,700 Per month. Owners will have flexibility of occupying entire home as a 3bed/2bath or renting out a portion as a lock out unit. Building was termite tented in July, 2006. As I mentioned the house is now priced at $649,000 or $550 per sq ft. That price makes it very competitive in the market since it is well located in Old Town, has off street parking, and is legally licensed as two living units. The present owner purchased the house in April 2005 and paid $785,000. He then did the renovation which had to cost a minimum of $100 per sq ft rounded to $150,000. So I would increase the capital investment in the property to be in excess of $$935,000. Some smart shopper is going to buy this house on its Half Price Sale quite soon. Mark my words.
A couple of weeks back I wrote an item about the house directly across the street at 1118 Olivia which is priced at $485,000 or $700 per sq ft for a 2 bed 1 bath home that is in a compound. I think both properties have their individual attributes. The two units at 1119 Olivia is a potential Short Sale. I think that any sale of 1119 property will necessarily require the approval of the current lender.
CLICK HERE for more info, additional photos, and a map to help you locate 1119 Olivia Street.
CLICK HERE to perform your own personal search of all Key West mls listings. Then give me (Gary Thomas) a call to schedule a personal showing. My number is 1-305-766-2642 or you can send me an e-mail at email@example.com.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- ► 2008 (230)
- 627 Elizabeth Street in Old Town Key West
- Half Price Sale on a Single Family House in Old To...
- Is it a good time to Buy or Sell in Key West?
- Make Your Friends and Neighbors Green with Envy
- Terrific Island Location, but you can't Escape
- Listing Whores--You Know Who They are
- Florida Keys Dream House
- 1418 Leon Street
- Won't You be My Neighbor?
- This Old House
- Pre-Sale Marketing Tools You should Use
- Short Sales and Other Devices to Sell Distressed H...
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
- News You can Use
- Key West Cottage--Only $10,500
- 1800 Atlantic Condo -- Let's Make a Deal
- Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- 728 Love Lane
- November Sales Report
- ▼ December (19)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.