Tuesday, December 11, 2007
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
Before I moved to Key West I imagined what it would be like to be here for Christmas. I even came down one time two weeks before just to get a sense of what being here would feel like. I'll tell you: it is magical.
This town gets excited about all kinds of things. We have bed races, and bartender contests, and boat races, and funny looking pet contests. We have a different events every week of the year. But Christmas is really special here.
I know most towns get all decked out for the holidays, but Key West really shines. There is much whimsy in the decorations here. But locals like to take their decorations to extremes. Some decorate their cars, and others their bikes.
And I know most towns have celebrations of various sorts, but the Key West celebrations are just a little bit better, and perhaps a little more odd. The Key West Women's' Club has its annual free cocktail party the week before Christmas, the Messiah is performed at the Old Stone Church, and the week before Christmas the annual Christmas Concert is performed at St. Paul's Episcopal Church. The St. Paul's concert is one not to be missed. Key West has lots and lots of very talented people that perform regularly at many different venues. But this one night they all get together and sing to high heaven. And it brings tears to your eyes every year.
Atlantic Shores is gone now, but I remember spending Christmas Day there a few years back. There I was getting a tan on Christmas Day and thinking about those poor folk up north in America freezing their butts off. Ain't life great. It is if you are fortunate enough to live here. Of course, you could live in Buffalo, N.Y., of Nutley, N.J., or Wisconsin....
CLICK HERE to checkout all Key West mls listings. The practice in Key West is different than most places. The listing Realtor usually shows his/her listing to the Buyer's Realtor and the Buyer. So give me a call and let me be your agent and help you make the right choice in purchasing a new home, a second home, or an investment property. Unlike those fortunate enough to be born here, we were all novices once. 305.766.2642.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- ► 2008 (230)
- 627 Elizabeth Street in Old Town Key West
- Half Price Sale on a Single Family House in Old To...
- Is it a good time to Buy or Sell in Key West?
- Make Your Friends and Neighbors Green with Envy
- Terrific Island Location, but you can't Escape
- Listing Whores--You Know Who They are
- Florida Keys Dream House
- 1418 Leon Street
- Won't You be My Neighbor?
- This Old House
- Pre-Sale Marketing Tools You should Use
- Short Sales and Other Devices to Sell Distressed H...
- It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
- News You can Use
- Key West Cottage--Only $10,500
- 1800 Atlantic Condo -- Let's Make a Deal
- Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- 728 Love Lane
- November Sales Report
- ▼ December (19)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.