Monday, January 7, 2008
1006 Southard Street in Old Town Key West is a charming renovated cottage in the historic district. The cottage is secluded down a shady bricked walkway. There are a bedroom and bath down and a master suite upstairs. French doors open from the bedroom, living room and spacious vaulted kitchen to a decked swimming pool. It has lots of Dade County Pine and historic details, yet it has been modernized with a new roof, well-appointed kitchen and pretty baths.
The house is priced at $879,900 or $741 per sq ft. (The house is 1188 sq ft and sits on a 2833 sq ft lot.) The house sits to the rear, not the front, of Southard Street. So you cannot see the house from the street. That adds additional privacy for the homeowner. You are a five minute walk to Duval or the Historic Key West Seaport. And you are a two minute walk to Five Brothers Grocery and Sandwich Shop where you can get your morning con leche, Michael's Restaurant
where you can get your steak fix fixed, or Mangia-Mangia Restaurant to get your pasta fazooled.
CLICK HERE for details on this little charmer and more photos as well. Note the Dade County interiors, the open and eclectic feel that this house exudes, and the utter charm of the pool and garden. You won't be spending all of your vacation time tending to fixing things and working on the yard. There is something to be said and cherished about minimalism.
This house is just a basic house in a very good location. It has its drawbacks for sure. But it also has the charm and amenities that second home owners pine for. Want to see it? Call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- Distress Sale: 1800 Atlantic
- Don't Miss the Boat
- Money Makers?
- Dirty Deeds
- 627 Southard Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- 720 Eisenhower Drive Key West, Fl
- I See a new house in your Future in Key West
- 709 Windsor Lane Key West, Fl
- Short Sales in Key West
- Mangrove Mama
- 627 Elizabeth Street Key West Open House Sunday
- The Poseidon Adventures in Real Estate
- 608 Angela Street Key West, Fl
- 523 Louisa Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- 630 Eaton Street, Old Town, Key West, Fl--Commerci...
- Awesome Describes 1236 Washington St., Key West
- Big Price Reduction: 710 Caroline St., Key West
- The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow
- Disparate House Buys
- 1108 Southard Street Key West Florida
- 1006 Southard Street Old Town Key West
- 1110 Curry Lane Old Town Key West
- Lessons Learned
- Key Haven Waterfront at Affordable Price
- Estate Sale -- 912 Fleming Street Old Town Key Wes...
- Classic Key West Architecture: 1113 Fleming St.
- Pitch a Tent in Key West
- 2007: That Was the Year That Was
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.