Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Just listed: 1108 Southard Street. Yesterday I commented on 1006 Southard Street one block to the west. My description of the neighborhood rings equally true on this house.
So here is what the listing Realtor writes about this house: A beautiful classic eyebrow style home in one of the best locations in the Old Town Historic District of Key West - This renovated home features a main level open floor plan with living room, a wonderful large kitchen/dining room with vaulted ceiling, guest or master bedroom and full bath. Multiple sets of French doors open to a large loggia and decked private rear yard with heated pool and palms. Upstairs is a master bedroom with French doors to private porch, a large bath with separate tub and shower, walk-in closet and a guest bedroom. The home has beautiful architectural detailing including wood floors on both levels and Dade County Pine walls. Off street parking. Owner/Agent. CLICK HERE for more info on this Eyebrow House.
The house is priced at $1,495,000 or $821 per sq ft. The house is 1820 sq. ft. and sits on a 3740 sq. ft. lot. The owner is a realtor and the listing agent on the house.
This particular block of Southard Street has some of the most impressive homes in Key West. A few doors east of this house is the former home of the vice chair of AOL TIME WARNER that appeared in Architectural Digest about 4 years ago. CLICK HERE to see that magnificent home. Magnificent home. And across the street from that house is a very large single family property that sold in 2006 for $5.5 million.
By coincidence the house down the street at 1009 Southard Sold and Closed yesterday. That house was originally listed at $1,950,000 in November 2006. And it sold for $1,280,000 or $344 per sq ft. CLICK HERE to read what I wrote about this house in 2007. I showed this house to several people including a fellow realtor from Atlanta. I even wrote an offer for an attorney from Texas and we got close to getting the deal done, but didn't succeed. Whoever got this house in this location for this price got a good deal indeed. If you read what I wrote you will understand why the price and the property was such a good deal. The seller closed on a much smaller home on a Key West lane (of course) on the same day.
I think either house at 1006 or 1108 Southard Street would make a nice second home for somebody. You cannot beat the location, the neighborhood, or the charm of either home. Want to see one or both, call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. OR CLICK HERE to search all Key West mls listings to find your future home in Paradise.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (110)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Distress Sale: 1800 Atlantic
- Don't Miss the Boat
- Money Makers?
- Dirty Deeds
- 627 Southard Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- 720 Eisenhower Drive Key West, Fl
- I See a new house in your Future in Key West
- 709 Windsor Lane Key West, Fl
- Short Sales in Key West
- Mangrove Mama
- 627 Elizabeth Street Key West Open House Sunday
- The Poseidon Adventures in Real Estate
- 608 Angela Street Key West, Fl
- 523 Louisa Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- 630 Eaton Street, Old Town, Key West, Fl--Commerci...
- Awesome Describes 1236 Washington St., Key West
- Big Price Reduction: 710 Caroline St., Key West
- The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow
- Disparate House Buys
- 1108 Southard Street Key West Florida
- 1006 Southard Street Old Town Key West
- 1110 Curry Lane Old Town Key West
- Lessons Learned
- Key Haven Waterfront at Affordable Price
- Estate Sale -- 912 Fleming Street Old Town Key Wes...
- Classic Key West Architecture: 1113 Fleming St.
- Pitch a Tent in Key West
- 2007: That Was the Year That Was
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.