Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Yesterday I wrote about Short Sale opportunities priced below $700,000. Well, this is a Big Boy Short Sale and it is a buying opportunity for someone with big ideas and a big budget.
709 Windsor Lane is like an island within the Island of Key West. The street address of 709 Windsor Lane and a small pathway are all that a pedestrian will ever see of this huge property. Access is actually gained off Bakers Lane which is in the middle of the block between Southard Street and Windsor Lane and sits at one of the highest points on Solares Hill right in the heart of Old Town.
This is how the listing Realtor describes the property: "Short Sale!!!Priced Below Mtg Balance!Must move Now! Ideal Old Town location on a Double Lot, just 2 Blocks to Duval and the local grocery...Two Off street parking Spaces available for Purchase off this private lane! Features include: 3BR/2 Bath main home w/gourmet kitchen, separate Whirlpool in master bath, Cabana w/Kitchen and 1/2 Bath, Outdoor Shower, Pool w/built-in Jacuzzi and Decks Galore on every side of this Entertainment Mecca!Separate 1BR/1 BATH Mother-in-Law apt w/Separate Entrance. Home does need some addtl TLC: Tenting and Wood Floor refinishing...All offers subject to Bank Approval.Bring All Offers. See MLS#105978/Adjacent to Property...May do Package Deal...Owner is FL Licensed RE Broker." CLICK HERE to see adjacent property on Baker's Lane. It is not necessary to own both properties, but it would be nice to control such a huge piece of ground.
The house was renovated several years ago and it reflects all that was current then. Meaning it needs to be redone. But this property is huge and it sits on a very large sunny lot in a very good location. The house has 3353 sq ft of living space and sits on a 6285 sq ft lot. It is priced at $1,250,000 or $373 per sq. ft. I haven't been in the house for a couple of years but I recall that it primarily needs cosmetic updating rather than structural repairs. So money spent would be going towards making pretty as opposed to making habitable. There is a big difference. Structural repairs are always more expensive in my opinion.
I see this property as an opportunity for someone with vision and some cash to turn a moderate investment into a significant estate-type property. A smart buyer can leverage himself into a very big property. Emphasis is definitely on smart. CLICK HERE for more details and photos.
Please call me, Gary Thomas, at 305-766-2642 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- Distress Sale: 1800 Atlantic
- Don't Miss the Boat
- Money Makers?
- Dirty Deeds
- 627 Southard Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- 720 Eisenhower Drive Key West, Fl
- I See a new house in your Future in Key West
- 709 Windsor Lane Key West, Fl
- Short Sales in Key West
- Mangrove Mama
- 627 Elizabeth Street Key West Open House Sunday
- The Poseidon Adventures in Real Estate
- 608 Angela Street Key West, Fl
- 523 Louisa Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- 630 Eaton Street, Old Town, Key West, Fl--Commerci...
- Awesome Describes 1236 Washington St., Key West
- Big Price Reduction: 710 Caroline St., Key West
- The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow
- Disparate House Buys
- 1108 Southard Street Key West Florida
- 1006 Southard Street Old Town Key West
- 1110 Curry Lane Old Town Key West
- Lessons Learned
- Key Haven Waterfront at Affordable Price
- Estate Sale -- 912 Fleming Street Old Town Key Wes...
- Classic Key West Architecture: 1113 Fleming St.
- Pitch a Tent in Key West
- 2007: That Was the Year That Was
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.