Thursday, January 24, 2008
720 Eisenhower Drive is not your typical Key West "Conch" house. The architecture is historic, the renovation is totally up to date and on the spot. And the grand residence is one of a kind for Key West or any other world class destination.
This is how the listing agent describes this property: Jefferson B. Brown, Florida Supreme Court Justice, built this mansion on its current site in 1889. Now completely restored, this award-winning 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath masterpiece could be expanded with approved plans for a garage and guest apartment and a third floor living area. Everything in the home is custom built and is controlled by a smart home system including the HDTV projection theatre room. Grand ceiling and door heights reveal historic beauty and design details at every turn. The downstairs master suite opens to the pool area and is complete with an enormous master bath. The lot occupies half of a city block. The pool is surrounded by an extensive lawn with off-street parking. Everything you could imagine and far more.
720 Eisenhower Drive is a 4200 sq. ft home that sits on a huge 12,675 sq ft lot. It is offered at $4,975,000 or $1185 per sq ft. CLICK HERE for more info and lots of pics.
The neighboring properties are quite nice as well. Last year I wrote an item about Paradise Harbor. CLICK HERE for pics and current listing info on the units as they now exist. Scroll down the pages. The properties are looking great and in an "up" market they would be gone. They are waterfront in a town with hardly any waterfront properties. Across the street in the 1500 block of Petronia is another development brand new single family homes. This is what I wrote last year CLICK HERE. Nothing has sold. Yet.
The house next door at 718 Eisenhower is just about as nice. It was on the market and priced at $4.5 million, but it has been withdrawn. CLICK HERE to check it out.
In a good market it would take a while for the right buyer to come along to purchase this property. It would take deep pockets, a love of the historic architecture of the house, a respect for how the house sits on the lot and blends with the surrounding properties, the appreciation for the quality workmanship and materials used in the renovation, and an understanding that what seems like a high price today may in fact be a real bargain in a few years. Markets rise and fall. We are in the depths of a bad market now. But the market will surely rise and a one of a kind house like this will always be appealing to those who appreciate the very best.
If your pocketbook can't afford this property, don't fret. There are lots of very nice homes in all price ranges. CLICK HERE to conduct your own search to find your slice of paradise and then call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com for more info.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (108)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Distress Sale: 1800 Atlantic
- Don't Miss the Boat
- Money Makers?
- Dirty Deeds
- 627 Southard Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- 720 Eisenhower Drive Key West, Fl
- I See a new house in your Future in Key West
- 709 Windsor Lane Key West, Fl
- Short Sales in Key West
- Mangrove Mama
- 627 Elizabeth Street Key West Open House Sunday
- The Poseidon Adventures in Real Estate
- 608 Angela Street Key West, Fl
- 523 Louisa Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- 630 Eaton Street, Old Town, Key West, Fl--Commerci...
- Awesome Describes 1236 Washington St., Key West
- Big Price Reduction: 710 Caroline St., Key West
- The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow
- Disparate House Buys
- 1108 Southard Street Key West Florida
- 1006 Southard Street Old Town Key West
- 1110 Curry Lane Old Town Key West
- Lessons Learned
- Key Haven Waterfront at Affordable Price
- Estate Sale -- 912 Fleming Street Old Town Key Wes...
- Classic Key West Architecture: 1113 Fleming St.
- Pitch a Tent in Key West
- 2007: That Was the Year That Was
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.