Sunday, January 13, 2008
One word describes 1236 Washington Street, Key West, Florida: Awesome.
A remarkable renovation in the renowned Casa Marina area featuring all of the requisite assets like: copious off-street parking, large pool, expansive master suite, 2 additional bedrooms with adjacent full bathrooms (and additional outdoor showers), larger than average lot size, immaculate attention to detail in every category. Upon walking through the front door, you are drawn toward a lush outdoor enjoyment area with Brazilian IPE Decking and the heated pool. The kitchen is open to the living area and features granite counter tops, wine cooler, and stainless steel appliances. Everything in this home has been updated and improved. It now has vaulted ceilings in the living room and 10 foot ceilings throughout. This house just feels comfortable, and yet, it is a showplace. I have to add that the photos of this house do not do it justice. Pic link is below.
I really like how all of the rooms open onto the outside--even the bathrooms. CLICK HERE for a pic of the indoor-outdoor shower that is part of the master bath. What an incredible bath. And the master bedroom opens onto a private area of the pool. Imagine going for a moonlight dip just before retiring. The house has a very contemporary Key West feel, but it is not "dated". There are many, many Key West houses that are renovated using the same materials that are "in" or "chic" at a particular moment, and this house avoids the cliche`. The color palette is subdued and will appeal to a wide audience of buyers. This plaza is hot!
The house at 1236 Washington is 1803 sq ft and sits on a 5656 sq ft lot and is priced at $1,649,000 or $915 per sq ft. It is located two blocks east of White Street and two blocks north of Flagler. During normal traffic you can be just about anywhere in Key West within 5 minutes. And the Atlantic Ocean is just a short 6 blocks to the south.
CLICK HERE for more pics and info on this awesome renovation, and then call me,
Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a showing.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- Distress Sale: 1800 Atlantic
- Don't Miss the Boat
- Money Makers?
- Dirty Deeds
- 627 Southard Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- 720 Eisenhower Drive Key West, Fl
- I See a new house in your Future in Key West
- 709 Windsor Lane Key West, Fl
- Short Sales in Key West
- Mangrove Mama
- 627 Elizabeth Street Key West Open House Sunday
- The Poseidon Adventures in Real Estate
- 608 Angela Street Key West, Fl
- 523 Louisa Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- 630 Eaton Street, Old Town, Key West, Fl--Commerci...
- Awesome Describes 1236 Washington St., Key West
- Big Price Reduction: 710 Caroline St., Key West
- The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow
- Disparate House Buys
- 1108 Southard Street Key West Florida
- 1006 Southard Street Old Town Key West
- 1110 Curry Lane Old Town Key West
- Lessons Learned
- Key Haven Waterfront at Affordable Price
- Estate Sale -- 912 Fleming Street Old Town Key Wes...
- Classic Key West Architecture: 1113 Fleming St.
- Pitch a Tent in Key West
- 2007: That Was the Year That Was
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.