Monday, February 11, 2008
612 Griffin Lane is a throwback to the old days of Key West, before the invasion of the renovators. The Five Brothers Grocery sits at the corner of Grinnell and Southard Streets. Midway down Southard is the Southard Square Condominium development. Griffin Lane is immediately to the east of Southard Square. It runs about 250 feet to the south where it dead ends. To get to 612 Griffin Lane you must walk down a fence pathway an additional 150 feet or so. But when you get there, you are immediately transported to another era.
CLICK HERE for more detailed info and additional photos of this development property that the listing Realtor describes this way: This is a true 'Old Town Hide-away'. It's a 'Diamond in the Rough' with great location! Secluded, 4255 sq ft lot at end of walking lane in heart of Old Town. Residence is 1/1 with loft and open den/kitchen. Must see this one to appreciate location, lot size & seclusion. Sale subject to Court approval due to estate being settled out of a trust. Being sold AS IS. This is NOT an bankruptcy, distress sale or short sale.
This property is being offered at $716,800 or $553 per sq ft. The lot is 4255 sq ft which is roughly 70' x 60'. The pathway to the house is deeded: it is not an easement. One of the negatives about this property is also one of its major features and that is its secret location. Any renovation will necessarily require the renovator to carry all demolished items out and carry all tools, lumber, fixtures,etc. down that little path. But once the renovation is done, the place reverts back to an exclusive enclave. I think there is more than adequate land to permit a good sized pool and gardens. This could be a really neat little project house.
Want to see this house. Call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- 831 Johnson Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- 5 Hunts Lane Old Town Key West, Florida
- 1411 Pine Street Key West, Fl
- The Value of Location
- 1119 Olivia Street Old Town Key West -- Steal This...
- Flying Down to Buy REO in Key West
- Don't Say Cheap--Say Inexpensive
- 409 William Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- 1 Lowes Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- 603 Angela Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- Key West Hole in the Water For Sale: Not Cheap
- High Society: Key West Steamplant Condos
- Cheep Cheep--Not Cheap Cheap!
- Prices are Falling! Prices are Falling!
- Present Value
- 724 Ashe Street Old Town Key West,Fl
- Room with a View, 401 Emma Street #D, Key West, ...
- 612 Griffin Lane Old Town Key West
- Key West Beach Club Oceanfront Condo $899,000
- Same Time, Next Year
- January Sales Report for Key West
- 625 Eaton Street Old Town Key West
- 1116 Seminary Street, Key West, FL
- Paradise Harbor Redux
- I was a Spudnut Man
- 306 Peacon Lane--Old Town Key West, FL
- ▼ February (26)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.