Tuesday, February 5, 2008
The picture at the top of today's blog is of a great old house located at 625 Eaton Street. She' really old--born in 1824. She needs some nice person who help her ease gently into the 21st Century.
The present owners started to renovate this property and then stopped. No financial woes here. But the old dame is sitting growing older each month. The house has 1734 sq ft and sits on a small lot of only 1725 sq ft. There is hardly any side yard or rear yard and as the photo above shows there is no front yard. The lack of land to expand the present house is bothersome to some buyers. But for the purist who wants to restore a beautiful home, this may be the buy for you.
CLICK HERE to read more info and see more photos of this house. It's been a while since I was inside, but I was captivated by this property the very first time I stepped inside. The rooms just take you back to another time. The rooms are gracious in their simplicity.
625 Eaton is priced at only $699,000 or $403 per sq ft. There are tear downs that are priced higher than that. For those seeking an Old Town renovation project but who want a little more land or a larger house, or a better price per sq ft, CLICK HERE for a few more properties to consider.
I included the photos of the before and after of a cute little renovation that is still in progress on Windsor Lane. I still marvel at some of the transformations that occur. It takes time and money, but in the end each little project is saving a part of our little island paradise. And to quote Martha Stewart, "That is a good thing."
Do you want a project house? Then please give me a call 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me help you find a sweet little old lady that needs to be saved.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- 831 Johnson Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- 5 Hunts Lane Old Town Key West, Florida
- 1411 Pine Street Key West, Fl
- The Value of Location
- 1119 Olivia Street Old Town Key West -- Steal This...
- Flying Down to Buy REO in Key West
- Don't Say Cheap--Say Inexpensive
- 409 William Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- 1 Lowes Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- 603 Angela Street Old Town Key West, Fl
- Key West Hole in the Water For Sale: Not Cheap
- High Society: Key West Steamplant Condos
- Cheep Cheep--Not Cheap Cheap!
- Prices are Falling! Prices are Falling!
- Present Value
- 724 Ashe Street Old Town Key West,Fl
- Room with a View, 401 Emma Street #D, Key West, ...
- 612 Griffin Lane Old Town Key West
- Key West Beach Club Oceanfront Condo $899,000
- Same Time, Next Year
- January Sales Report for Key West
- 625 Eaton Street Old Town Key West
- 1116 Seminary Street, Key West, FL
- Paradise Harbor Redux
- I was a Spudnut Man
- 306 Peacon Lane--Old Town Key West, FL
- ▼ February (26)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.