Monday, March 24, 2008
Just Listed: 1113 Watson Street, Old Town, Key West, Florida $705,000or $380 per sq ft. That is a real deal! This is a Legal Duplex that is offered at Appraised Value (3/18/08 by Bone Island Appraisal Company). "An appraiser's report is much more detailed [than a Realtor prepared Competitive Market Analysis]--and is the only valuation report a bank will consider when deciding whether or not to lend the money."
The report was made by an objective third party, someone who has no financial or other connection to any person involved in the transaction. I have often stated that properties in Key West are much different to other parts of the U.S. and for the most part, no two properties are alike. 1113 Watson is a prime example and that is why the owner followed my advice and had it appraised prior to offering it for sale.
This two story duplex was built in 1953 and was updated over the years. The exterior was recently painted. The upstairs unit has 2 bedrooms and one bath and window a/c units. It has a newer kitchen and is bright and airy. There is storage on ground level and washer & dryer.
The downstairs unit is very attractive and has a large living-dining area that opens onto a beautiful kitchen. The living area also opens onto an enclosed 380 sq.ft. rear screened porch. There are 3 bedrooms and two baths downstairs. The gated entry features bick pavers and is neatly landscaped for privacy. There is off street paved parking for up to 3 cars.
The upstairs unit is rented month to month at $1250 and has a 30 day kick-out. The downstairs is vacant so a new owner can have immediate access upon closing.
CLICK HERE to see more photos and additional info on this Legal Duplex.
This is my listing so please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com to schedule a showing.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (110)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Bank Foreclosure 1103 Virginia Street Key West
- Scream -- Not the Movie
- Time Waits for No One.
- 508 William Street Old Town Key West
- Bank Foreclosure -- 1021 Johnson Key West
- 1113 Watson Street Key West -- Legal Duplex
- 709 Bakers Lane Open House Easter Sunday
- Some Good News for Good Friday
- Aversion to Conversion
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums
- Steal this property from the bank!
- Knock, Knock!
- Bank Foreclosure -- 3364 Pearl Avenue Key West
- Value Buying in Key West
- Huge Price Reduction --421 Simonton -- Commercial
- Snow Place Like Home
- 709 Bakers Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- 826 Olivia Street Old Town Key West
- Inspired Minds Want to Know
- I told you so!
- Isn't It Romantic? 1717 South Street, Key West
- Won't You be My Neighbor? 1125 Washington Street ...
- Do Overs
- 723 Catherine St, Key West, FL
- Season's Beatings!
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.