Friday, March 7, 2008
First time to do this. Two blogs entries on the same day. So it must be important.
A local Realtor (who is also the owner) just listed 826 Olivia Street in Old Town. The house has been tastefully updated and is priced to sell quickly at $695,000 or $690 per sq ft for this 2 bed 1 bath home of 1007 sq ft on a 1731 sq ft lot. This property was listed for sale at $749,000 in 2007.
Old pic shows the house in 2005 before the fairy dust was applied. The other pics are of its present incantation. It looks like something out of a 1940's movie--it oozes charm.
This is how the listing Realtor describes this property: "This charming home, with extraordinary ambiance and comfortable, convenient floor plan, is located on historic Olivia Street, in Old Town Key West. Upon entering the large Great Room, with soaring wooden, beamed Cathedral ceilings and wood floors, you view the beautifully landscaped yard with deck, patio and Jacuzzi. The five windows, and the French doors on 3 sides, make this space spectacular! The kitchen, which is open and airy, and lends itself perfectly for entertaining, is all new with wood cabinets, stainless steel appliances, granite counters and tile floors. The bathroom, also all new, features granite counters, neutral tile and new cabinetry. Come live the Key West Dream, in a great home, on a great street!" This house is so sweet you'll need to see the dentist after you look at it. It is what everybody wants. It does not have a pool and I don't think there is any way to put one in. CLICK HERE for more detailed information on the house and some very beautiful photos.
This is the deal. The owner/Realtor purchased this property in 2005 for $693,000 and put a lot of time and money into the renovation. He's losing money if he sells at the asking price. The owner is not a personal friend. Just so you don't think I'm trying to help a friend out. This house is definitely worth taking a look at. Want to see this house? Call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com. Don't wait.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (130)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Bank Foreclosure 1103 Virginia Street Key West
- Scream -- Not the Movie
- Time Waits for No One.
- 508 William Street Old Town Key West
- Bank Foreclosure -- 1021 Johnson Key West
- 1113 Watson Street Key West -- Legal Duplex
- 709 Bakers Lane Open House Easter Sunday
- Some Good News for Good Friday
- Aversion to Conversion
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums
- Steal this property from the bank!
- Knock, Knock!
- Bank Foreclosure -- 3364 Pearl Avenue Key West
- Value Buying in Key West
- Huge Price Reduction --421 Simonton -- Commercial
- Snow Place Like Home
- 709 Bakers Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- 826 Olivia Street Old Town Key West
- Inspired Minds Want to Know
- I told you so!
- Isn't It Romantic? 1717 South Street, Key West
- Won't You be My Neighbor? 1125 Washington Street ...
- Do Overs
- 723 Catherine St, Key West, FL
- Season's Beatings!
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.