Thursday, March 20, 2008
A few years back when real estate was king in Key West a lot of property owners converted existing large properties into smaller living spaces which they then sold at inflated prices. They called those smaller spaces condominiums. Some of the conversions worked. Others did not. The huge landmark property at the corner of Eaton and Elizabeth Street is an example of the latter. There was, to coin a phrase, an aversion to conversion as far is this property was concerned. In May 2007 this property was listed at $3,649,000. Today the asking price is $1,999,000 or $465 per sq ft for this very large 4292 sq ft home on a large 6151 sq ft lot.
703 Eaton Street Old Town Key West is a potential short sale that may be subject to third party approval. This listing Realtor describes the property this way: "Grand home on a beautifully landscaped corner lot in the heart of Old Town Key West. Currently configured as four condominiums (with docs) being sold as a whole. Beautiful kitchen with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances, fireplace, glass doors opening to lush gardens and large pool. Hurricane shutters, generator, waterfall pond, privacy gates and two off street parking spaces complete this prime Old Town condominium complex just steps from Duval Street."
The property at 703 Eaton Street presently has 8 bedrooms, 7 1/2 bathrooms, kitchen(s), a huge pool, spa, parking. And a great location. You are a 5 minute walk to Duval, 5 minute walk to the Historic Seaport, and a 10 minute walk to sunset.
CLICK HERE for even more photos of this property and other info.
I used to own Eaton Lodge (511 Eaton) which is located two blocks to the west of 703 Eaton. I got invited to this property many times when Dr. John was the owner. It was here that I met so many of the locals who were friends of Dr. John, and those folk in turn invited me to their homes on occasion. I guess that is the way it works everywhere, you meet a neighbor and soon you get to meet lots of other people. It works that way in Key West. Oftentimes potential buyers express frustration over the idea of having to have their envisioned social life revolve around "Duval". I tell them only tourists go to Duval. Locals go to Duval to be with their guests or to cross the street on the way to somewhere else.
Some smart buyer with a wad of cash is going to snap up this prize. Maybe that smart buyer is you. Give me, Gary Thomas, a call at 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com to schedule a showing.
The house at 703 Eaton is now priced to sell. Look at the house just across the street at 708 Eaton. It is priced at $3,295,000 or $994 per sq ft that is $529 more per sq ft than the house at 703. CLICK HERE to see more info and pics on the house at 708 Eaton and you'll understand why I think a smart buyer will snap up 703 Eaton.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- Bank Foreclosure 1103 Virginia Street Key West
- Scream -- Not the Movie
- Time Waits for No One.
- 508 William Street Old Town Key West
- Bank Foreclosure -- 1021 Johnson Key West
- 1113 Watson Street Key West -- Legal Duplex
- 709 Bakers Lane Open House Easter Sunday
- Some Good News for Good Friday
- Aversion to Conversion
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums
- Steal this property from the bank!
- Knock, Knock!
- Bank Foreclosure -- 3364 Pearl Avenue Key West
- Value Buying in Key West
- Huge Price Reduction --421 Simonton -- Commercial
- Snow Place Like Home
- 709 Bakers Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- 826 Olivia Street Old Town Key West
- Inspired Minds Want to Know
- I told you so!
- Isn't It Romantic? 1717 South Street, Key West
- Won't You be My Neighbor? 1125 Washington Street ...
- Do Overs
- 723 Catherine St, Key West, FL
- Season's Beatings!
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.