Friday, March 7, 2008
Inspired Minds Want to Know
A woman walked into our office the other day and asked to speak to the guy who writes the blog. Everyone looked at me and wondered if they should run for the door.
She owns a home (not condo or townhome) on the Key West golf course that she is trying to sell. She wants to sell her house at a high price based on today's market without using a Realtor. "Why come to me?", I thought.
Then she said she wanted to stop paying her mortgage payments because of something she had heard on TV about mortgage relief. I asked what her interest rate is and she said 6%. That's not bad, I said. But she came back and said she didn't want to have make any payments for a year so that she could catch up on other bills. Wouldn't we all?
She mentioned she is friends with a Key West real estate investor who purchased and flipped numerous properties throughout town but who is now facing foreclosure on his Cayo Hueso Empire. I know him. He participated in numerous deals with others and managed to get an interest in property after property. He played hardball and demanded top price for his properties and squeezed every last nickel out of every deal. Some of his flips were mostly caulk and paint and a whole lot of plants. When the market turned south, he could not deal with the truth and lived on denial. The problem with living on denial is that you end up downstream at some point. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
I read my horoscope this morning. The first time in a long time. I'm a Capricorn and according to the Key West Citizen this is my future: "What you better than most is inspire others and help them enlarge their vision and scope, especially the type of horizon they should set for themselves. In turn, you'll benefit as much as they do."
Okay, readers, you read it here first. I speak the the truth. Now let's all go out and buy some real estate in Key West. Give me, Gary Thomas, a call 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (110)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Bank Foreclosure 1103 Virginia Street Key West
- Scream -- Not the Movie
- Time Waits for No One.
- 508 William Street Old Town Key West
- Bank Foreclosure -- 1021 Johnson Key West
- 1113 Watson Street Key West -- Legal Duplex
- 709 Bakers Lane Open House Easter Sunday
- Some Good News for Good Friday
- Aversion to Conversion
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums
- Steal this property from the bank!
- Knock, Knock!
- Bank Foreclosure -- 3364 Pearl Avenue Key West
- Value Buying in Key West
- Huge Price Reduction --421 Simonton -- Commercial
- Snow Place Like Home
- 709 Bakers Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- 826 Olivia Street Old Town Key West
- Inspired Minds Want to Know
- I told you so!
- Isn't It Romantic? 1717 South Street, Key West
- Won't You be My Neighbor? 1125 Washington Street ...
- Do Overs
- 723 Catherine St, Key West, FL
- Season's Beatings!
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.