Sunday, April 20, 2008
It is really unfortunate that it is coming to this. Good people with dreams of making something nice and creating a future for themselves are seeing those dreams being dashed through no fault of their own. The sad fact is that now even homes in the Old Town area have been dragged down into the Short Sale pool along with so many properties in the Mid Town and New Town areas that were over priced when they sold 3 or 5 years ago.
The beautiful home (and it is a home, not a house) at 823 Johnson Lane is located in Old Town Key West. It sits midway between the landmark St. Mary's of the Sea Catholic Church at the corner of Windsor Lane and Truman Avenue and the City of Key West Cemetery one full block to the north. Johnson Lane parallels Truman and runs easterly off Windsor Lane.
The home is a newly constructed two story home. The photos speak for themselves about the quality of thought, design, craftsmanship, cabinetry, tile & marble, quality finishes, and top of the line appliances that went into the construction of this home. The kitchen is not only beautiful but also user friendly. It is a cook's delight! The living room has a working fireplace to take off the chill on the one day a year it gets chilly in Key West. The loggia by the pool is as hip as all get out. Upstairs there are two incredible bedrooms and each has an incredible bath. CLICK HERE for more detailed information on this property and additional photos. Well worth the look even if you are going to buy.
The property was originally listed at $2.6 million and was reduced on April 18 to $1,875,000 or $1,050 per sq ft for this very high end 1785 sq ft home that sits on a 3091 sf ft lot. Very few homes in Key West are worth over $1000 per sq ft. This is one of them. If you would like to schedule an appointment to see this property please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642. I think this is a real buying opportunity. This is not a short sale.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (153)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Casa Marina Short Sales
- A Short Sale that Worked
- 8 Passover Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- Recognizing a Real Estate Bargain In Key West
- The Fallacy of Short Sales in Key West
- High Anxiety? -- 701 Elizabeth St. Key West
- 23 Whistling Duck Key West Golf Club - Bank Owned
- 823 Johnson Lane
- Key West Real Estate Q & A
- Garden of Eden 120 Angela Street Key West
- Just Listed: 916 Fleming Street Old Town Key West
- 826 Olivia Old Town Key West -- Short Sale
- Million Dollar Short Sales -- Key West
- $3 Million Bathtub
- Mid-Life Crisis -- Short Sales in Key West
- Classic Key West Cottage -- Short Sale
- News We Do Not Need
- Dirty Pool -- Bank Foreclosure
- No Pretense Needed
- 915 Angela Street Old Town Key West
- The Greed Factor
- First Quarter Real Estate Sales in Key West
- BIG Short Sale - 709 Bakers Lane
- ▼ April (23)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.