Monday, April 14, 2008
There are currently 222 Key West single family homes priced at $1,000,000 or more. Six of those properties are shown as either potential Short Sales or Bank Foreclosures. CLICK HERE to checkout each of the properties.
I have written about a few of the properties previously. I think there are some real buying opportunities on some of these listings. The house at 1021 Johnson for example is located on one of the most desirable streets in the Casa Marina Area. It is flanked by many multi-million dollar homes that will only continue to increase in value as the years pass by.
The home at 3500 Flagler Blvd. is listed at only $1,200,000 ($420 per sq ft) for a 4 bed 6 bath home with a pool that sits on a 10,312 sq ft lot. Its' kitchen is pictured to the right.
The house at 716 Olivia Street could make you cry. The beautiful Arts & Crafts home was renovated by a friend who is also a Realtor. He put so much into the house as far as quality and workmanship that he was not able to finish the project. That makes it difficult to sell a house in this wicked environment. So the house just sits there. Undone. If you go inside you'll see the beautiful floors, woodwork, cabinetry, custom tiles, elegant light fixtures that were so thoughtful introduced into this property. The house is listed at $1,995,000 or $845 per sq ft. It's going to take some money to finish the house. But a smart buyer ought to be able to negotiate a good deal on this property because of the shortfalls.
Then there is the big house at 23 Sea Lore Lane on Shark Key. It is offered at $1,650,000 or $628 per sq ft. The 4 bed 3 bath home sits on the water amid many multi million dollar homes. How often do you get a chance to own a waterfront home in Key West for that kind of price?
And finally there's that sweet little house on Seminary Street with a nice pool and lots of charm. It's offered at only $1,000,000 or $697 per sq ft. The house has 3 bedrooms and two baths.
The houses on the click list are those whose Realtors have shown them as Short Sale or I identified as bank owned. But there are more properties offered that are "financially challenged". I would suggest that if you are looking for a deal on a larger home that you consider looking at one of these properties. The asking prices are just that: asking. Short Sale prices can be negotiated between the seller and the buyer. The lender will ultimately decide whether to approve the deal or not or perhaps offer a compromise price. This may be your opportunity to buy a big house for a small price in Key West. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more info or if you would like to schedule a showing.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- Casa Marina Short Sales
- A Short Sale that Worked
- 8 Passover Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- Recognizing a Real Estate Bargain In Key West
- The Fallacy of Short Sales in Key West
- High Anxiety? -- 701 Elizabeth St. Key West
- 23 Whistling Duck Key West Golf Club - Bank Owned
- 823 Johnson Lane
- Key West Real Estate Q & A
- Garden of Eden 120 Angela Street Key West
- Just Listed: 916 Fleming Street Old Town Key West
- 826 Olivia Old Town Key West -- Short Sale
- Million Dollar Short Sales -- Key West
- $3 Million Bathtub
- Mid-Life Crisis -- Short Sales in Key West
- Classic Key West Cottage -- Short Sale
- News We Do Not Need
- Dirty Pool -- Bank Foreclosure
- No Pretense Needed
- 915 Angela Street Old Town Key West
- The Greed Factor
- First Quarter Real Estate Sales in Key West
- BIG Short Sale - 709 Bakers Lane
- ▼ April (23)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.