Tuesday, April 29, 2008
I made several entries in my blog suggesting would-be buyers to consider purchasing 1119 Olivia Street in Old Town Key West. The legal two story duplex had been throughly remodeled within the past couple of years and had evolved into short sale opportunity. The original asking price was $1,275,000 in March 2007, but finally ended up at a paltry $570,000. The property sold yesterday at $550,000. CLICK HERE to see what you could have purchased in Old Town if only you had heeded my suggestion. I did show the property to several prospects that were looking for a bargain. The same seller (who is also Realtor but not a personal friend or colleague) has other short sale properties on the market.
I just did an mls search of Active Single Family Homes in the Old Town, Meadows, and Casa Marina Areas priced under $1.8 million. CLICK HERE to see the homes that I think are either bargains or good buys. A couple are short sales, a couple are bank owned, and a few are owned by sellers who just want or need to sell. A few of the latter may seem priced high on a per sq ft basis, but I suggest that an active buyer look at what the properties have to offer in evaluating the asking price.
CLICK HERE to perform your own search of the Key West mls. If you see something that interests you please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com to schedule a showing.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- Casa Marina Short Sales
- A Short Sale that Worked
- 8 Passover Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- Recognizing a Real Estate Bargain In Key West
- The Fallacy of Short Sales in Key West
- High Anxiety? -- 701 Elizabeth St. Key West
- 23 Whistling Duck Key West Golf Club - Bank Owned
- 823 Johnson Lane
- Key West Real Estate Q & A
- Garden of Eden 120 Angela Street Key West
- Just Listed: 916 Fleming Street Old Town Key West
- 826 Olivia Old Town Key West -- Short Sale
- Million Dollar Short Sales -- Key West
- $3 Million Bathtub
- Mid-Life Crisis -- Short Sales in Key West
- Classic Key West Cottage -- Short Sale
- News We Do Not Need
- Dirty Pool -- Bank Foreclosure
- No Pretense Needed
- 915 Angela Street Old Town Key West
- The Greed Factor
- First Quarter Real Estate Sales in Key West
- BIG Short Sale - 709 Bakers Lane
- ▼ April (23)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.