Friday, May 23, 2008
I am hosting an Open House at 709 Bakers Lane in Old Town Key West on Sunday, May 25th from 11:30 AM until 2:00 PM. I've written about this property several times. It has to be one of the best deals in Key West.
The perfect island getaway beautifully located atop Solares Hill on a quiet lane is this completely renovated walled estate. The main house has Brazilian cherry floors and 16' cathedral ceilings. The new gourmet kitchen has a SubZero refrigerator, Viking wine chiller, Jenn Aire range and microwave ovens, 2 Bosch dishwashers, granite counter tops and cherry/cream glazed cabinets. The family/media room has 2 walls of glass overlooking the 26' black pool w/waterfall and 'cave' spa! There are 5 porches, rooftop sundeck and bricked courtyard with fountain. Joined by a covered walkway is a 2bd/2ba guest house with kitchen & a 1bd/1ba pool house. This magic propety has been reduced from the original asking price of $1,995,000 to $1,400,000 or $609 per sq ft.
This property at 709 Bakers Lane is just two blocks from Duval on Solares Hill--the highest point in Key West. The compound is actually two homes plus a guest cottage that is hidden away just off Elizabeth Street.
Each building was thoughtfully renovated to provide separate living spaces for the owner and family or friends. The great room in the main house features two chandeliers from a historic Chicago theatre. The kitchen has all the bells and whistles one would expect. The second floor is devoted to the master bedroom and bath plus a second floor terrace overlooking the pool below.
The guest house features a living area, kitchen, and two bedrooms and two bathrooms. James Leo Herlihy wrote Midnight Cowboy in this house.The home is not for everyone because the main house has only the master suite for sleeping. But an individual or couple with no small children might find the guest house and pool house just the ticket.There are two ROGO units on this property meaning that the owner could legally rent one or both homes as vacation rentals. (Lots of rules--not discussed here.)
CLICK HERE for more info and photos. Remember to come see the best buy in Old Town on Sunday, or call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (108)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Compound Investment -- Key West
- Key West Writer's Compound Cottages For Sale -- Hi...
- Bank Owned REO in Key West
- Who Do You Trust?
- 709 Bakers Lane Key West Open House
- 408 Grinnell St. Old Town Half-Price Sale
- Water-Blogged in Key West
- 917 United Street Key West, Florida
- Sales in the City
- Deal or No Deal
- 728 Love Lane Old Town Key West
- Is the Glass Half Empty or Half Full?
- 730 Passover Lane -- Affordable & Adorable!
- Ripe for the Picking Casa Marina Oceanfront Key We...
- April 2008 Real Estate Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.