Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Who Do You Trust?



Buying a house or a second home is usually the biggest (or second biggest) purchase that most people make in their lives. Some people act out of impulse and make emotional decisions. Others are fanatical in their investigation of the property and the calculus of the deal.

I have become very close friends with a couple that I sold an Old Town home to a few years ago. One is a professional in a very high paying position in New York City. When they are in Key West we talk about their second biggest investment and the Key West real estate market. They trust me. I am glad for that. But they have become friends with other locals who also give them real estate advice such as a waitress at an italian restaurant and a barfly they met at the Schooner Wharf. I kid you not.

It amazes me but my friends are not dissimilar to others who look at buying a place in Key West. They often seek out the advice of "locals" they meet socially as if the Realtor they are working with is not worthy of belief. (There are a few I'd have to agree on myself.) Or maybe they are just seeking a second opinion as in "should I have the operation or not?" kind of opinion.

Let me throw this out at you for grins. Checkout the Realtor you are working with. See if he or she has had any run-ins with the law by going here: Has my Realtor been arrested? Or you can see if he or she has been evicted or sued for past debts by CLICKING HERE.

I'm not trying to disparage the local real estate community. There are some good people. And there are some drunks and druggies. Who do you trust to help you in making the biggest purchase in your life?

You can also checkout all of the current Key West and Lower Florida Keys real estate listings by CLICKING HERE. Just select the type of property you want, the price range you want to pay and start your investigation of Key West real estate. If you see something you like, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at kw1101v@aol.com.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Powered By Blogger

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell