Friday, June 6, 2008
It doesn't get any more Key Westie than this! 3 Pinder Lane is the quintessential Key West Cottage that is the guest cottage of the larger property next door at 4 Pinder Lane. (CLICK HERE for more information and photos on 4 Pinder Lane offered at $2,495,000. The combined properties have been owned for the last 40 years by literary agent Dick Duane. Imbued with the atmosphere of those who have lived and worked here: Tennessee Williams, James Leo Herlihy, Tallulah Bankhead et al. Their presence so strong, it's as if the gatherings are still going on. Their spirits sweep through the magnificent living room out to the extraordinary gardens that surround the 43' heated pool, bricked dining patio, sunbaked terrace, the covered bar. The new gourmet kitchen has all the stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops you can imagine.)
3 Pinder Lane was built in 1873 and has been carefully renovated into a 2 bedroom and 2 bath cottage. The combined kitchen, living and dining area has an 18 foot peaked ceiling. There is room to add a 3rd bedroom and bath in the finished windowed attic. This property is surrounded by brick pathways and lush gardens, and has a private heated pool 10' x 14'9" in the rear garden. The house is 1232 sq. ft.and sits on a densely landscaped (79' x 37') 2923 sq. ft. lot at the end of Pinder Lane (located between Fleming and Southard Streets in the heart of Old Town Key West). The cottage was originally priced at $1,390,000 when listed, and was recently reduced to $995,000 -- or at $808 per sq. ft. CLICK HERE for more detailed information and more photos of 3 Pinder Lane.
The bedrooms are small, but they can accommodate a queen sized bed. There is no off street parking, but there is plenty of free parking on William Street. Of course, if you buy the combined properties you get parking included. But for just shy of a million bucks, you'll have to hoof it to the street. When you see this place, you won't mind. It is like something out of a movie.
I love this place, and you will too. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a showing.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (153)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Edifice Rx
- Bank Owned Condos in Key West
- 405 Willaim St. Old Town Key West, Fl
- Flipping Out
- Ready, Set, Go -- 4 Go Lane Key West Bank Owned
- 1601 Patricia Street Key West, Florida
- Bank Owned Properties in Key West
- 612 Griffin Lane Old Town Treasure Key West
- 809 Sawyer Lane Old Town Key West
- 3 Pinder Lane -- Life in the Slow Lane -- Key West...
- What Is Happening Here? Ain't Exactly Clear!
- 410 Simonton Street Key West -- Historic Beauty
- Bottom Feeders -- The New Key West Big Fish
- ▼ June (15)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.