Tuesday, June 24, 2008
405 William Street is located on one of the very best blocks in Old Town Key West. Some of the most historic and architecturally significant homes are located on this block. And this home is one for the books.
405 William Street is a two story renovated duplex. That will cause half the readers to stop reading. But wait. There is more. Before it was made into a duplex it was an awesome single family home with truly unique and grand features that would lend itself to being taken back to single family. Or, the home would make a great second home with legal year round guaranteed rental income from the nicely appointed second floor two bedroom apartment.
The main living level is totally unique to Key West and any other house I have ever seen. You enter through a formal entry hall that leads to either of the two bedrooms or two baths or to the living room and the dining area and kitchen beyond. The master bedroom has larger than normal crown molding that set off the high ceilings and formality of the room. There is a large master closet and bath. The second bedroom is also good sized so you do not get that squeezed in feeling so typical in many older Old Town homes. But it is the living room with its arched ceiling that will make you stop and look in awe. The petite French doors in the dining area lead to the exterior porch that overlooks the bricked courtyard and spa area. The recently updated kitchen is at the far end of the house in a saw tooth addition so familiar to Key Westers. The vaulted ceiling and designer touches yank the kitchen right into the 21st Century.
CLICK HERE to read what the listing broker says about this property and see more photos. 405 William was originally listed at $1,595,000 and has been periodically reduced until it reached its current price of $1,195,000 or $436 per sq ft or this
large 2740 sq ft home on a very large 4642 sq ft lot. There is room for a substantial swimming pool in the lightly landscaped rear and fenced yard. And there is off street parking to boot.
This is one of the sweetest homes in Key West. Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule an appointment to see this property. Since it is tenant occupied at least 24 hours notice is required. The tenants are on month to month rental agreements.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (108)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Edifice Rx
- Bank Owned Condos in Key West
- 405 Willaim St. Old Town Key West, Fl
- Flipping Out
- Ready, Set, Go -- 4 Go Lane Key West Bank Owned
- 1601 Patricia Street Key West, Florida
- Bank Owned Properties in Key West
- 612 Griffin Lane Old Town Treasure Key West
- 809 Sawyer Lane Old Town Key West
- 3 Pinder Lane -- Life in the Slow Lane -- Key West...
- What Is Happening Here? Ain't Exactly Clear!
- 410 Simonton Street Key West -- Historic Beauty
- Bottom Feeders -- The New Key West Big Fish
- ▼ June (15)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.