Monday, July 7, 2008
Behind the once carefully manicured ficus hedge at 1211 Catherine Street sits a hidden 1930's vintage home with great potential. The 3 bedroom 2 bath home totals 1463 sq ft. The living room has really interesting architectural features including original hardwood floors and elegant windows. The master bed and bath are quite large and were redone by the previous owner. Very nicely done. There is a door leading from the master bath to one of the gardens.
The two other bedrooms share the second bath. One of the bedrooms has French doors that open onto the pool. Another set of French doors open onto the pool area from the kitchen. There's a separate laundry area and outdoor shower as well.
There are good sized side yards on both sides of the house. (The lot is 500 sq ft.) The property to the west is Island Gym. There is a huge ficus hedge that screens that property from view. The property next door to the east are apartments. Across the street on the corner is a real estate office. Then there are three successive houses for sale: 1212 Catherine St., 1214 Catherine, and 1216 Catherine.
This property is Bank Owned and it is priced at $589,000 or $402 per sq ft. I like the house. It has some issues (I think the roof needs replaced--at least repaired--as there is evidence of minor leaking in one bath.) But the listing agent has not let this property deteriorate. Hooray for responsible listing! CLICK HERE for more info on 1211 Catherine St.
I think somebody can pick this house up for around $535,000 to $550,000. If you want to look at this house please call me, Gary Thomas, at 305-766-2642. I am not the listing agent.
July 9, 2008 Please read the Comments Section Below for more discussion of issues the listing agent feels I failed to disclose when I wrote this item.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (107)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- 8 Passover Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- Mad Men and Key West Real Estate
- Sink or Swim -- Key West Real Estate
- Shipyard Units -- Key West
- 623 Grinnell St. Old Town Key West, Fl
- Dream Fulfillment in Key West
- Finnegan's Wake -- 320 Grinnell St Key West, Fl
- Fear Factor -- Key West Reality
- 31 Seaside South Ct - Key West -- Ocean View
- What Happens When a Bank Fails -- My Experience
- Regulators Shut Down IndyMac Bank! Friday July 11t...
- Key West on National Open House
- 1211Catherine Street Key West Bank Owned Home
- Fixers - Key West
- Single Family Homes in Key West under $500,000
- Licensed to Make Money
- Six Months Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.