Thursday, July 24, 2008
Just Listed: 623 Grinnell Street, Old Town, Key West, Florida. Absolutely charming historic home on a quiet street in the heart of old town. Original details throughout. High ceilings, 3 generous bedrooms including downstairs master. Off Street parking for 2 vehicles in tandem, wonderful porches and covered outside living area. An adorable home on one of the finest streets in Old Town Key West. CLICK HERE for more detailed information.
This 1646 sq ft home sits on a 3140 sq ft lot and is priced at $895,000 or $544 per sq ft. The home is now offered as a short sale. Just three months ago it was originally priced at $1,179,000 or $716 per sq ft. That is the reality of our current market. This property has always been a favorite of mine. It just oozes charm.
The house is located in one of the great Old Town neighborhoods. Five Brothers Grocery is just a hop-skip-and-a-jump away at the corner of Southard. You can go there every morning for your con leche and catch up with all the latest Key West gossip. Everybody famous goes there. You foodies know that Michael's is a two minute walk and Mangia Mangia takes the same time to reach if you got a craving for pasta. The Historic Key West Seaport is about a five minute walk to the north. Duval Street is a five or six minute stroll. It takes longer if you stop to smell the flowering trees.
If you are looking for a classic home, this one may be what you have been waiting for . It is a short sale, so there may other potential buyers who have their offers in the mix along with yours. That is just a fact of trying to buy a short sale property. But the wait and price break may be worth the trouble.
Want to see this house? Please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me a firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not my listing, but don't let that stop you from calling me. I work with buyers all the time.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (155)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- 8 Passover Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- Mad Men and Key West Real Estate
- Sink or Swim -- Key West Real Estate
- Shipyard Units -- Key West
- 623 Grinnell St. Old Town Key West, Fl
- Dream Fulfillment in Key West
- Finnegan's Wake -- 320 Grinnell St Key West, Fl
- Fear Factor -- Key West Reality
- 31 Seaside South Ct - Key West -- Ocean View
- What Happens When a Bank Fails -- My Experience
- Regulators Shut Down IndyMac Bank! Friday July 11t...
- Key West on National Open House
- 1211Catherine Street Key West Bank Owned Home
- Fixers - Key West
- Single Family Homes in Key West under $500,000
- Licensed to Make Money
- Six Months Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.