Saturday, July 5, 2008
I just went through the Key West Association of Realtors mls database and created a list of select single family homes under $500,000. There were a total of 67 such properties, but our system will not allow me to generate a report with that many listings. CLICK HERE to see all of the properties I was able to include.
Many of these properties are short sales (A short sale occurs when a property is sold and the lender agrees to accept a discounted payoff, meaning the lender will release the lien that is secured to the property upon receipt of less money than is actually owed). A few of the homes are bank owned and are priced to sell. In particular look at 2615 Staples. It was purchased for $900,000 not too long ago. That's a deal waiting to be made. And there are a couple of actual market sales as well.
Take a look at 1010 Whitehead Street. It is a very small and unpretentious house located one block off Duval near the Key West lighthouse. This house, believe it or not, was the home of one of Key West's most colorful characters: Larry Formica. He was the genius who created the World Famous La Te Da's on Upper Duval Street. He had other properties but his finances failed him. He lost La Te Da in the last economic slow down. But if this simple little cottage could house a giant like Larry Formica, maybe it could house you as well.
Three banks owned houses to consider at 3711 Duck (compare to 3713 Duck), 2005 Fogarty, 2816 Staples that is priced at only $275 per sq ft. There are more bank owned in the group. Some of the bank owned properties come with easy to obtain new bank financing, free appraisal, low closing costs.
If you happen to see a property that you like, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com. There are some buying opportunities. Some of these properties are challenged. (That's a polite way of calling 'em dogs.) But there are some real nice houses in good locations. Let's see if we can make a deal and get you that Key West house you have been dreaming about. Maybe you can lay back in your Foster Grants and let the palm trees of Key West reflect your little piece of paradise.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (238)
- ► 2009 (243)
- 8 Passover Lane Old Town Key West, Fl
- Mad Men and Key West Real Estate
- Sink or Swim -- Key West Real Estate
- Shipyard Units -- Key West
- 623 Grinnell St. Old Town Key West, Fl
- Dream Fulfillment in Key West
- Finnegan's Wake -- 320 Grinnell St Key West, Fl
- Fear Factor -- Key West Reality
- 31 Seaside South Ct - Key West -- Ocean View
- What Happens When a Bank Fails -- My Experience
- Regulators Shut Down IndyMac Bank! Friday July 11t...
- Key West on National Open House
- 1211Catherine Street Key West Bank Owned Home
- Fixers - Key West
- Single Family Homes in Key West under $500,000
- Licensed to Make Money
- Six Months Sales Report for Key West
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.