Thursday, August 14, 2008
You Old Timers may remember a TV show called That Was the Week That Was. It was hosted by glib Brit David Frost and it was a fast paced re-cap of life in the 1960s. It was a snapshot looking back.
A property that has been on the market for about 3 years just closed. The terms of the sale need to be mentioned. The new house at 1117 Royal Street (Corner of Royal and Amelia Streets) sits a block and a half north of St. Mary's Catholic Church. A top rate Key West contractor developed that house and the property next door on Windsor Lane. The house has classic Key West Conch house architecture. The rooms are large and meet the needs of people wanting a house with the classic looks but the functionality of today's world. The finishes were top of the line.
1117 Royal Street was originally listed for sale in 2004 for $1,995,000. It sold yesterday for $1,300,000 or $536 per sq ft. That is a very good price for the buyer. I think the seller is smarting a bit, however. But then a lot of sellers are hurting these days. I think part of the reason for what I consider the low sales price on the house is its location. It isn't in Old Town. It is near Old Town. The houses nearby (except for the house next door developed at the same time by the same contractor) are all inferior. So it looks like location may have had played a role in determining price. CLICK HERE for more info and photos of 1117 Royal.
I liked the house on Royal Street. I didn't like the location. But I'll bet the buyer thinks he or she got a heck of a deal. I would agree on that. This was a great deal. That was the deal that was. If you are looking to buy a house in Old Town, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com. CLICK HERE to search the Key West mls for find a deal worth doing. Let's make history together.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- 1119 Von Phister St. - Key West - Bank Owned
- The Curry House - Key West - For Sale
- 1601 Patricia Street Key West - Short Sale Opportu...
- Bank Owned Houses in Key West
- Ocean Front Condo - Key West
- Last week I wrote about the deal that was. The d...
- 3041 Flagler Ave. Key West -- Bank Foreclosure
- That Was the Deal That Was
- 1116 Seminary Street Key West, Fl
- Florida Homestead Law Myth-Understood
- The Key West Bank Dick
- Architectural Icon - 1415 Alberta Street - Key Wes...
- 707 Washington -- Key West -- Short Sale
- 3533 Flagler Avenue Key West Florida
- July Sales in Key West
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.