Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Just Listed by Preferred Properties Christies Great Estates (that's where I work these days) 927 and 929 United Street Key West. These enchanting houses are located on the cusp of Old Town and the Casa Marina Area. Both are brand spanking new.
927 United Street is a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath 1800 sq ft home that was built in 2007 complete with top of the line finishes. The 9350 sq ft lot is huge by Key West standards. Upon entrance you are greeted with a wonderful open living space featuring hand crafted moldings, cherry wood floors, French doors leading to the pool and veranda. The front, side and rear yards are beautiful. The kitchen has beautiful wood cabinetry with granite counter-tops and Viking stainless steel appliances. The master bedroom suite has its own private courtyard. The master bath is a jewel. This house is surrounded by lush tropical landscaping complete with an irrigation system and landscape lighting. Off street parking for two cars. This house is offered at $1,450,000 or $806 per sq ft. CLICK HERE for more detailed information and photos of this property.
929 United Street is a newly built Key West Conch House just blocks from the beach and Duval Street. The attention to detail goes beyond one usually sees in new homes with marble and wood flooring, state of the art bathrooms with mosaic tiles, European style finishes throughout and perfect lighting both inside and out. The ample kitchen has designer cabinets, granite counter-tops and Viking Appliances. There is an adjacent butler's pantry-laundry room. The three bedrooms share the second floor. The master bedroom is very large and has vaulted ceilings and a large California closet system. The pool is located in a tropical setting surrounded by rare plants, irrigation system and exterior lighting. Off Street parking. This two story 1900 sq ft house sits on a huge 9350 sq ft lot and is offered at $1,495,000 or $787 per sq ft. CLICK HERE for more detailed information and additional photos.
Both houses were just recently completed. They are sitting empty waiting for somebody to turn them from houses into homes. I see both houses as being buying opportunities for buyers who want a Key West house (a) that is new and does not need a lick of work, (2) that looks old but that is really up to the minute with architectural detail and custom finishes, (3) that is located near Old Town and all the attractions Old Town has to offer,(4) that has a large lot and pool area so that the owner can appreciate Key West's wonderful outdoor living, (5) and that is a real value for the asking price. Both of these houses meet that criteria. Neither house is a short sale, but both are being offered for sale at a price than is less than the developer has in either property. That is a buying opportunity.
If you are looking to buy a Key West house or condo and can't twitch your nose to make it happen, please checkout all of the Key West homes currently listed for sale in the Key West MLS database. CLICK HERE to search for the property of your dream. If you see something you like, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com.
You don't have to be a witch to turn either house into your home, but it would help if you had a bunch of cash in the bank, a rich Uncle Arthur, or good credit.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (238)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Bewitched in Key West
- 537 Caroline Street Old Town Key West
- A Done Deal for Sure!
- Other People's Money
- 408 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- 716 Southard Street Old Town Key West
- Key West Dreamin' - But Not Make Believin'
- Key West Beach Club Condos
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums --Key West
- Hidden Treasure - 529 Margaret St. Old Town Key We...
- upside downside
- ▼ September (11)
- ► 2007 (171)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.