Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Done Deal for Sure!


Way back on May 14th I wrote about a new Short Sale that I thought looked interesting. It was a recently remodeled home at 917 United Street in Key West near the Casa Marina area. CLICK HERE to read what I wrote then.

That nifty house just sold (closed). The original asking price was $1,749,000 or $1,242 per sq ft. That was in January 2007. The property was re-listed with a new Realtor in April 2008 at $995,000. It was offered as a short sale and the property went under contract on June 13th. It sold/closed today for the price of $650,000 or $387 per sq ft. That is a great price for a nicely redone 3 bed 2 bath house with a pool.

Short Sales do occur and actually close. It takes time and perseverance on the part of the seller, the buyer, and usually two sets of Realtors that are willing to make the extra effort to get a deal done. Congratulations to both listing and selling Realtors and to the lucky buyer. He or She got a good deal in my opinion.

If you are looking to purchase a home, second home or investment property in Key West, CLICK HERE to checkout the Key West mls in real time. If you see a property that you like, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at kw1101v@aol.com.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.

Counter



Free Counter

Key West

Key West
You could be here!

Blog Archive

Gary Thomas in a Nutshell

My photo
Key West, Florida, United States
I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.