Monday, September 15, 2008
Key West Beach Club Condos
Not everybody wants to own a place directly on the ocean where you can wake up in the morning to the sound of gentle surf rolling ashore just below your bedroom window. But a whole lot of people would love the opportunity to own such a property. Especially if it were affordably priced and located in Key West, Florida. Well this is your opportunity.
I have written before about the desirability of the Shipyard Condos in Old Town and the much larger units at 1800 Atlantic Blvd. to second home owners. The location, size, and creature comforts of each has made both projects very popular second home choices.
Until the market decline over the past three years the units at the Key West Beach Club have been an even more popular choice to the few who had the opportunity to even buy a unit. Historically, very few units at Key West Beach Club went on the market and when a unit was offered for sale, it would sell very quickly. If you have ever been to the Key West Beach Club you know the reason why. Each unit is located directly on the Atlantic Ocean. Each unit has a spectacular right-in-your-face ocean view. Most of the units are two bedroom and two baths, but there are a few three bedroom units and a couple of spectacular penthouses. As with other projects of similar age, there is some price variation among units based on remodels and upgrades and floor level. But all units share the same view, the same tennis courts, the use of the gym, the pools, the covered parking. And most of all they share the distinction of being the only condos located directly on the ocean in Key West.
Unit 104 is a 2/2 built in 1985 and is priced at $775,000 or $553 per sq ft. And it has a valuable Transient License which means you can rent it on a daily basis to help defray the cost of purchase. You are not required to rent it, but it is a valuable option to possess. CLICK HERE for more info on Unit104.
Unit 105 is also a 2/2 and is offered at $875,000 or $625 per sq ft. This unit is located at the end of the building and has the most privacy going. CLICK HERE for more info on Unit 105.
Unit 107 is a two bed / 2 bath unit that was built in 1987. This unit is priced at #1,375,000 or $962 per sq ft. CLICK HERE for more photos and info on Unit 107.
Unit 115 is the largest unit offered. It has three bedrooms and two baths. It is located at the far east end of the east building. It is offered at the price of $1,200,000 or $766 per sq. ft. The home is being sold furnished and currently is the only one of this type floor plan on the market. CLICK HERE for more photos and info on Unit115.
Unit 210 is a two bed / two bath unit that was just recently listed. It is offered at the price of $999,000 or $699 per sq. ft for this 1430 Sq. ft. unit in the east building. CLICK HERE for photos and info on Unit 210.
Penthouse Unit 406Very rare offering of a top floor 2 level end unit home at the Key West Beach Club. This beautiful luxury condominium main level includes 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, large living/dining room and a separate den. Upstairs is an enormous 3rd bedroom/loft and bath. Recent upgrades include 24" x 24" marble tile floors, crown molding, designer lighting and hurricane wind impact resistant doors and windows. This unit is offered at $2,500,000 or $892 per sq.ft. CLICK HERE for additional photos and information on Unit 406.
Luxury amenities at the Key West Beach Club include two oceanfront pools, tennis court, gym, outdoor entertaining areas with cooking facilities, covered parking, additional storage, and gated entry. Condo fees of $2500 are paid quarterly and include Cable, Exterminating, Building Exterior Maintenance, Building Insurance, Common Area Maintenance, Pool Maintenance, and Security.
If you would like to see any unit at the Key West Beach Club or any other Key West real estate listing, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at email@example.com.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (107)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Bewitched in Key West
- 537 Caroline Street Old Town Key West
- A Done Deal for Sure!
- Other People's Money
- 408 William Street - Old Town - Key West
- 716 Southard Street Old Town Key West
- Key West Dreamin' - But Not Make Believin'
- Key West Beach Club Condos
- 1800 Atlantic Condominiums --Key West
- Hidden Treasure - 529 Margaret St. Old Town Key We...
- upside downside
- ▼ September (11)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.