Tuesday, October 28, 2008
CLICK HERE to review a list of single family "short sales" in Key West. This list is not thorough because not all short sale properties are on it. Some local Realtors have failed to identify their short sale properties correctly in the mls database as "short sales" and that prevents the inclusion of those listings in easy searches of our mls.
I have been seeing some very nice and quite expensive houses start to creep into the mix of houses being offered as short sales. Some of the houses on the above list are pretty pitiful. But there are some real nice ones as well. Take the house at 222 Golf Club Drive listed at $450,000. This single family home (not a townhouse) located in The Sanctuary has two bedrooms, two and a half baths and a screened in patio and dip pool. This property was built in 2000 and is in great condition according to listing agent.
A while back I wrote about 707 Washington. It is on this list and the asking price has been reduced to $1,499,000. The surrounding homes are all in the multi-million dollar range. The Washington street property was totally rebuilt in 2004 (basically a brand new house). I think it will likely sell at a much lower price, and this could be a real deal for a contractor with enough cash to take out the existing lender and fund the cost of some minor improvements to the property.
Please checkout the list of short sales and if you see something that interest you, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, or e-mail me at email@example.com. If you have a specific type of property that you are looking for, feel free to contact me and let's see if I can find that for you.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (90)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- Key West Old Town Sales Report - October 2008
- Open House Sunday 927 - 929 United -- Key West
- 405 William St. Old Town Key West - Short Sale
- More Single Family Home Short Sales - Key West
- 716 Olivia Street - Key West - Short Sale
- 915 Washington - Casa Marina Area - Key West - Sho...
- 608 William - Old Town - Key West
- 730 Southard Street - Historic Key West Landmark
- Key West Bank Foreclosures -- déjà vu All Over A...
- 3810 Flagler Avenue Key West
- The Calvin Klein House - 712 Eaton Street -- One o...
- Key Haven -- "Safe" Haven?
- 701 Elizabeth Heart of Old Town Key West
- More Bank Owned Key West Properties
- The Flim-Flam Short Sale
- 1110 Curry Lane Old Town Key West
- Apocalypse Now?
- 804 Elizabeth Old Town Key West Historic Eyebrow
- Bank Owned Homes in Key West
- Key West Short Sale Opportunities
- Out of Business
- ▼ October (21)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.