Thursday, November 20, 2008
You can see the Atlantic Ocean from the third floor (5th bedroom) of the new house at 727 Waddell Street in Key West's Casa Marina area. It's only a partial view but that beats no view at all. The house is a one block walk to both public and private beaches in the area. The Casa Marina Hotel has a private beach club, tennis, and gym that you can join so your second home could almost seem like living at the resort itself.
727 Waddell Street is a newly constructed three story home with 2800 sq ft of living space that sits on a 5000 sq ft lot (50'x100'). There is a formal entry with an office/den/guest room and private bath adjacent to the right. The huge living room takes up the right rear half of the house and the kitchen on the left takes up the balance. The kitchen is very large, open, and bright and was built to accommodate more than two people at a time. You can tell that the architect designed the kitchen for some serious entertaining.
The master bedroom and en-suite bath take up the front half of the second floor. There is a second story front balcony where you can watch the world very slowly.
Two bedrooms share the rear half of that floor. Both have en-suite baths and separate doors opening onto a large second floor rear balcony that overlooks the pool and gardens.
Then there is "nosebleed", the third floor bedroom with en-suite bath and an adjacent ante-room. There is even a lighted storage area as well.
The heated pool is 16'x12' and it has a spa and waterfall. It is an auto clean pool. Mature plants and shrubs surround the pool, deck and patio. Other exterior features include Fencing, Irrigation System, Landscape Lighting, Outdoor Shower, Outdoor Kitchen, Patio, Storage, Water Display.
727 Waddell Street is priced at $1,925,000. That may sound like a lot of money. It is. The house was originally priced over $3 million. The builder has a house just like it available next door on the corner that is priced just a bit higher. I think the price is negotiable. In fact, I'm pretty sure of it. CLICK HERE to see the information provided by the listing broker.
CLICK HERE to see 32 photos I just took of the property. The house is beautifully furnished and the furniture and furnishings can be purchased separately.
The nice thing about this area is that you are close to everything, but you are far enough away not to be on top of everything. You can ride your bike to just about any place in Old Town in about 5 to 6 minutes. You can drive to the airport to pick up friends at the Key West International Airport in about 5 to 7 minutes. I live about 4 blocks away, and I love the area.
If you would like to schedule a private showing of either 727 or 731 Waddell Street, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (90)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- Memorable Moments in the Theater
- After Thanksgiving - Open House Saturday - 4:00 to...
- Another Missed Boat in Key West
- 1209 Olivia Street - The Meadows - Key West - Shor...
- 518 William Street - Old Town - Key West -Short Sa...
- 727 Waddell Street - Casa Marina - Key West
- Help! I need a Bailout!
- 2301 Linda Avenue -- Bank Owned -- Key West
- The Meadows of Key West -- This is a Real Deal!
- Real Estate Market Lows, Real Estate Market Woes!
- Real Estate Auction - Key West
- Just Listed 723 Southard St - Old Town - Key West
- Like a Virgin -- 522 Grinnell St. Key West
- Believe in Change
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.