Wednesday, November 26, 2008
I don't want to be an "I told you so!" Wait a minute, that's exactly what I want to be.
Back on August 28th I notified my dear readers about one heck of a house at 1601 Patricia Street that had been previously listed for $1,195,000 whose owner dropped the price to only $695,000 and was offering the house as a short sale. I showed the house the same day to two different potential buyers both of whom loved the house and the price. But they could not decide that day. READ what I wrote then.
Good deals do not last long in Key West. The house went under contract a couple of days later. Something went astray and the property went back on the market On September 29th. I notified everyone again that this particular house was a genuine buying opportunity. That was two weeks after the Wall Street "bailout" was the "crisis" du jour. However, there was one smart shopper who anted up and made an offer that the seller accepted. The beautiful house at 1601 Patricia closed yesterday for $650,000 or $378 per sq ft for a super clean 3 bedroom, 2 bath home, livingroom, dining room, office, new kitchen, separate pantry, beautiful landscaped yard, pool, spa, storm shutters, and a real nice neighborhood near the beach. CLICK HERE to see what you missed.
I know just about everybody is really nervous about the economy right now. The talking heads on TV do their best to keep everybody worked up all the time. They have to feed the need to watch their channel for "BREAKING NEWS". Fix the damned news, I say. Stop scarring the crap out of everybody. The world is not going to end. We will get through this mess.
Remember three years ago after Hurricane Wilma when us Key Westers all shared in the misery of our fellow neighbors. It's all better now. The junk got hauled away. The green came back. The island is more beautiful than ever. The weather is still great. And the tourists come back every year to give us their money.
Right around the same time the talking heads on TV were scarring us about Avian Flu. Remember? Whatever happened to the dire forecast? Why aren't we all dead, or at least sick?
Don't miss the opportunity to buy while prices are very low and some people are selling their places at sacrifice prices. CLICK HERE to search the Key West mls to find your place in Paradise. Then, please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (155)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- Memorable Moments in the Theater
- After Thanksgiving - Open House Saturday - 4:00 to...
- Another Missed Boat in Key West
- 1209 Olivia Street - The Meadows - Key West - Shor...
- 518 William Street - Old Town - Key West -Short Sa...
- 727 Waddell Street - Casa Marina - Key West
- Help! I need a Bailout!
- 2301 Linda Avenue -- Bank Owned -- Key West
- The Meadows of Key West -- This is a Real Deal!
- Real Estate Market Lows, Real Estate Market Woes!
- Real Estate Auction - Key West
- Just Listed 723 Southard St - Old Town - Key West
- Like a Virgin -- 522 Grinnell St. Key West
- Believe in Change
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.