Tuesday, December 30, 2008
This is how the listing agent describes the grand house located at 64 Front Street in Truman Annex: "Elegant 5BR/5BA home located on beautiful Front St. in Truman Annex. Open and airy design is perfect for Key West-style entertaining. Every room boasts one or more French doors opening onto covered porches. An abundance of walk-in closets and storage are among the many bonuses found throughout this home. The very private pool-side space makes this home just the best for tropical outdoor living. The 5th bedroom is located in the guest cottage (poolside). The large very unique pool with artisan mosaic tile is 6.5 feet at its deepest (pool newly resurfaced). All windows are protected with high impact-resistant Lexan 10, meeting existing hurricane standards. Pristine, well maintained, move-in condition".
I've been in a lot of the big homes in Truman Annex and 64 Front Street is one of the most memorable. When you enter the home you know you have arrived at someplace important. The ceilings are 12' tall on the main level and feature crown molding. The living room is extra large (there's a baby grand that is barely noticeable) and extends into an octagon shaped dining alcove that overlooks the pool. But it's the use of space planning, paint treatments, and design that makes you feel "at home" in each of the rooms. And that's the difference between a big house that tries to be "important" and a thoughtfully designed house that makes you feel comfortable.
The hand painted tiles in the kitchen make you feel at home and not in a designer kitchen showroom.
The master bedroom and bath are located on the second floor and overlook the pool below. There is a spiral stairway that leads down to the pool for a quick midnight dip before bed.
64 Front Street has 3213 sq ft of living space and sits on a 5005 sq ft lot. There is also covered off street parking. The home is offered at $2,295,000 or $714 per sq ft. CLICK HERE for more photos and detailed information on this elegant but livable Truman Annex home.
64 Front Street is a listing for Preferred Properties Christies Great Estates. Please call Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 to schedule a showing.
By the way, today is the Second Anniversary of my little blog. Thank you to all of you readers and the buyers who found me over this great information highway that Al Gore created. And a special thanks to Jim from Nutley, New Jersey for suggesting that I write a blog about Key West real estate.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (107)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- 64 Front Street - Key West, Florida
- Don't Wait Too Long!
- Open Houses - Key West - Sunday
- 48th Annual Key West House and Garden Tours
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
- Did Gary Have Too Much Eggnog?
- 811 Southard - Historic Old Town Mansion - Short S...
- Little Big Short Sale -- Old Town Key West
- Some Neat Key West Condo Short Sales
- 701 Elizabeth Street - Heart of Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Properties
- All right, Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close up.
- Oceanfront - Short Sale - Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Sunset Marina Condo
- 712 Love Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Beachside Ocean Front Condo
- 8 Passover Lane - Key West - Story Book Cottage
- For the Disbelievers
- Key West November 2008 Sale Report
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.