Saturday, December 6, 2008
Wanna be a famous writer? Buy this charming sawtooth house at 712 Love Lane in Key West and perhaps some of the greatness of the literary giants who have lived here may rub off on you.
This is how the listing Realtor describes 712 Love Lane: "One of the island's best kept secrets. This 4 bedroom, 3 bath triple saw tooth shotgun proved inspirational to many. Harry Roberts was the model for Harry Morgan in Hemingway's Key West novel "To Have and Have Not". Bill Wright, Russell Baker, and David Halberstram have all been inspired by this gem, secluded behind the library palm garden. Judith Kazantzis immortalized the home in her poem, Love Lane, Key West''. The main home and separate guest cottage with bath open to the private deck and 9 foot deep heated lap pool with outdoor shower. Cypress shutters and cypress cabinets with travertine tops in the kitchen and dining area. Located off Fleming Street at the end of Love Lane with off-street parking."
712 Love Lane was just listed for the asking price of $1,250,000 for the 4 bedroom, 2 bath home of 1462 square feet that sits on a 3766 sq ft lot. Before the disbelievers start complaining about the asking price I would like to say that this place is like several really specially properties in Old Town: There are many houses in Old Town. But only one like this. CLICK HERE for more info on 712 Love Lane. And who wouldn't like to have a mailing address of Love Lane, Key West,Fl 33040?
If you are looking for a special place in Key West please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You don't have to be a writer to buy in Key West. All you need to do is sit back and enjoy life on the slow lane........
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2017 (152)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- 64 Front Street - Key West, Florida
- Don't Wait Too Long!
- Open Houses - Key West - Sunday
- 48th Annual Key West House and Garden Tours
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
- Did Gary Have Too Much Eggnog?
- 811 Southard - Historic Old Town Mansion - Short S...
- Little Big Short Sale -- Old Town Key West
- Some Neat Key West Condo Short Sales
- 701 Elizabeth Street - Heart of Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Properties
- All right, Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close up.
- Oceanfront - Short Sale - Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Sunset Marina Condo
- 712 Love Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Beachside Ocean Front Condo
- 8 Passover Lane - Key West - Story Book Cottage
- For the Disbelievers
- Key West November 2008 Sale Report
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.