Sunday, December 21, 2008
This is how the listing agent describes the property at 811 Southard Street in Old Town Key West: "The Mansion on Southard is an elegant historic estate beautifully renovated and restored. This 2008 Winner of the Prestigious Ceramic Star for Historic Preservation is the among the most elegant and luxurious homes in the historic district. High quality designer finishes including high ceilings, crown moldings, chef's kitchen, large open floor plan with amazing covered decks overlooking a huge and lush tropical lot. Off Street Parking, separate guest house, incredible pool and outdoor kitchen/bar area make this an Elegant Oasis For Island Living. This is a potential short sale subject to lender approval."
This stately property is quite large by Key West standards. The house is 3812 sq ft and sits on a large 8882 sq ft lot in the heart of Old Town. CLICK HERE to view some photos of the interior and exterior of this beautiful home.
If you did click the link you saw that the house has the following: 5 bedrooms, 4 baths in the main house and a detached one bedroom one bath guest house. The main house has a fireplace in the living room, a formal dining room, a casual dining area, a new pool, and cabana.The custom kitchen is finished in granite, Viking professional appliances, wine cooler, pass-through, breakfast nook, computer station & walk-in pantry. The spacious master suite includes a luxurious bath & custom closet. Beautiful outdoor living space with large new pool, waterfall, spa, shower & a fully equipped kitchen.
This property was listed for $5,300,000. Now the property is offered as a short sale at the incredible price of $2,995,000 or $786 per sq ft. For the buyer with the bucks and an eye for value, I would point out that adjacent development parcels are also available. That means to me that one could enlarge the already spacious grounds to create an even larger living space.
If you are among the select group of potential buyers for a home like this, please contact me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain more information. I have no personal knowledge as to what a lender may or may not accept on a property like this. But I do know that most lenders are considering reasonable offers from individuals with a shown financial ability to perform.
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2018 (89)
- ► 2017 (165)
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (212)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (242)
- 64 Front Street - Key West, Florida
- Don't Wait Too Long!
- Open Houses - Key West - Sunday
- 48th Annual Key West House and Garden Tours
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
- Did Gary Have Too Much Eggnog?
- 811 Southard - Historic Old Town Mansion - Short S...
- Little Big Short Sale -- Old Town Key West
- Some Neat Key West Condo Short Sales
- 701 Elizabeth Street - Heart of Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Properties
- All right, Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close up.
- Oceanfront - Short Sale - Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Sunset Marina Condo
- 712 Love Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Beachside Ocean Front Condo
- 8 Passover Lane - Key West - Story Book Cottage
- For the Disbelievers
- Key West November 2008 Sale Report
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.