Wednesday, December 10, 2008
This is how the listing Realtor describes the new listing at 1023 Johnson Street in Key West's tony Casa Marina Area "Sunset Boulevard in the Casa Marina. I am ready for my close up, Mr. De Mile, says this vintage 1938 deco-style home. The major systems are updated. Kitchen and bath upgrades will make the property a show stopper! Features include free standing garage, plenty of off-street parking, hardwood floors, classical architectural features such as unusual crown molding, deco staircase, original doors and hardware, etc. Plenty of room for a swimming pool. Lovely garden areas. Walk to beaches and Old Town."
This two story 2400 square foot home sits on a huge 7500 square foot lot on one of the best blocks in the Casa Marina Area. The three bedroom two and 1/2 bath home is offered by Preferred Properties CRI at $1,600,000 or $667 per square foot. There is no pool, but the house is located just a little over one block to the beach. And there is plenty of room on which to build a pool and more. CLICK HERE for interior photos and more information on 1023 Johnson.
Earlier this year I wrote about the bank owned property next door at 1021 Johnson Street. That house sold for $1,500,000 or $564 per sq ft. It was on the market for a long time and was starting to show the signs of REO neglect. The pool was drained, there were the remains of a dead snake in the yard, and the neglect drug the price down in my opinion. Plus the buying public knew the house was bank owned so the buyers were looking for payback.
But there are several houses within 300 to 400 feet from 1023 Johnson that support an even higher asking price even in this depressed market. I wrote about the recent sale of 1101 Casa Marina Court, the manse once owned by author Phil Caputo. It sold during the summer doldrums for $4,650,000 or $1,055 per sq ft. 1028 Flagler Aveune sold October 15, 2008 for $1,637,500 or $518 per sq ft. Great house but the sales price suffered because it was on Flagler. One block to the west of 1023 Johnson is another house I wrote about several months ago, 906 Johnson, listed at $3,595,000 or $966 per sq ft.
This part of Casa Marina has some really fine homes on large lots. These houses are not going away and the property values are not going to plunge because of a momentary burp.
If you would like to see 1023 Johnson please call me, Gary Thomas, 305-766-2642 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the house on Johnson is not what you are looking for but you are looking to purchase a place in Key West, give me a call. I am the Realtor to the Dreamers. "All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."
The information on this site is for discussion purposes only. Under no circumstances does this information constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities, assets, real estate, or otherwise. Information has not been verified, is not guaranteed, and is subject to change.
Preferred Properties Coastal Realty, Inc.
- ► 2016 (176)
- ► 2015 (207)
- ► 2014 (214)
- ► 2013 (234)
- ► 2012 (237)
- ► 2011 (255)
- ► 2010 (237)
- ► 2009 (243)
- 64 Front Street - Key West, Florida
- Don't Wait Too Long!
- Open Houses - Key West - Sunday
- 48th Annual Key West House and Garden Tours
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
- Did Gary Have Too Much Eggnog?
- 811 Southard - Historic Old Town Mansion - Short S...
- Little Big Short Sale -- Old Town Key West
- Some Neat Key West Condo Short Sales
- 701 Elizabeth Street - Heart of Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Properties
- All right, Mr DeMille, I'm ready for my close up.
- Oceanfront - Short Sale - Key West
- Key West - Bank Owned - Sunset Marina Condo
- 712 Love Lane - Old Town - Key West
- Key West Beachside Ocean Front Condo
- 8 Passover Lane - Key West - Story Book Cottage
- For the Disbelievers
- Key West November 2008 Sale Report
- ▼ December (19)
- ► 2007 (170)
Gary Thomas in a Nutshell
- Gary Thomas
- Key West, Florida, United States
- I first read about Key West in a magazine called "After Dark" sometime in the mid 1970's. But it wasn't until March 1984 that I made my first visit to the island that would become my home. I had two weeks for a vacation and reserved a room at Colours Guesthouse (now Marrero's Guest House) for one week. I thought that if I didn't like Key West, I could always go back to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale for the rest of my trip. But after a couple of days in Key West, that was no longer a consideration. But when I wanted to extend my stay for the extra week I found there was no room at the inn. The guesthouse owner did find me a room at LaTeDa, the infamous guesthouse/restaurant. That's a story I'll write another day. But those two weeks in Key West gave me the realization that I had found Paradise. Key West has been my home since 1993 and my only regret is that it took me so long to get here. I am a full time Realtor at Preferred Properties CRI. Let me help you find your new home or business in Paradise. Living in Paradise is not a slogan, it's a way of life.